XXXVII | 10 Thousand

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.

-Jane Austen

XXXVII | 10 THOUSANDS

Reece stormed angrily towards us. "What the actual fuck Violetta?" he glared, my lips formed into a straight line. He was obviously angry since he didn't call me Violet.

"Woah, how did I get here?" I laughed nervously as I scratched the back of my neck. Before Reece could continue shouting at me, my ringtone for my phone rang.

🎶My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

And they're like, it's better than yours
Damn right it's better than yours
I can teach you, but I have to charge
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

And they're like, it's better than yours
Damn right it's better than yours
I can teach you, but I have to charge🎶

I cleared my throat and answered it as all three of them stared at me weirdly. "Yes, Dad?" I answered, clearing my throat again, "Uh huh...yup....ugh, I know...love you too...bye."

I hung up.

"Really, the milkshake song?" Ronnie questioneD.

I shrugged. "It's catchy, okay?"

Reece scoffed angrily, "Enough about the ringtone, who the fuck brought you here?"

Me and Ronnie both turned to Jake who glared at us then looked at Reece and frowned. "I didn't, they snuck into the trunk of my car, I had no idea bro," he explained.

Reece pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have come...

"Where's Ocean and Zoey? " Reece asked, obviously avoiding eye contact with me.

"They haven't arrived with Landon and Miles yet," Jake told him.

Reece grabbed my wrist tightly, not tight enough to hurt, but tight enough to show he was really annoyed with me. "Keep an eye on Ronnie, I'll watch Violetta before the race," Reece grumbled. Jake nodded as me and Reece began to walk away from the two.

He let go of my wrist as we began walking, he was obviously still mad since he didn't even try to talk to me. I was to afraid to speak because I didn't want him to snap at me.

"I'm sorry," I spoke after five minutes, mumbling.

He sighed and looked at me, making us both stop in our tracks. "Why couldn't you just listen to me, just this once, is that too much to ask?" He groaned.

I frowned, feeling incredibly guilty right now, "I'm sorry, I really am, it won't happen again, I swear," I begged him.

He sighed, thinking of something. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him to close to me. I quickly pecked his lip, "do you forgive me now?" I asked.

"Nope," He said and I placed my lips on his lips a little longer this time.

"Now?" I questioned.

"Nah," He replied and I angrily pulled away.

"You're really annoying," I muttered. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

He gently took my hand in his and led us to a pudgy, short guy with a mustache which looked like one from the 1800s.

"He owns this place," Reece whispered in my ear and I nodded.

"Reester," the man said. I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing at his choice of a nickname he gave Reece.