XLIX | Starstruck

A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

XLIX | STARSTRUCK

I slowly ate my granola bar as I watched my family from around the table eating as well. I nervously tapped my fingers on the dining room table.

Come on, Violetta, it's simple. 'Hey Mom and Dad, can I go with my friends to a resort about two hours away...?'

I bit my lip and cleared my throat, "Hey Mom, Dad?"

Dad looked away from his newspaper to look at me, while my Mom was checking something on her phone, but now focused her attention on me, "Yes pumpkin?" Dad chose to answer.

"Can I go with my friends to a resort about two hours away? I promise we will be back before Monday," I said quickly.

"Absolutely not," Mom said and my face drained until my Mom and Dad quickly stole glances at one another before laughing.

"You're Mom's just joking. But it depends, who are you going to share a room with?" Dad asked sternly.

I tilted my head to the right, this was the same man who found Reece sleeping on my bed one time and allowed Reece to sleep with me when we went to grandma's wedding.

"Erm, Veronica?" I said as a question rather than a statement. I didn't precisely know the sleeping arrangements, but knowing Reece, I doubt he wanted us to sleep in different rooms. He and Albert get way too excited sometimes, I swear.

"Okay, well then you can go, just call us when you get there, so we know you arrived there safely," Dad answered and I squealed, immediately running up to hug both him and Mom from their back. Yup, I've spent way too much time with Ocean.

"Ugh you guys are the best, thank you," I said kissing the top of both their heads before continuing. "Wait, I have a question though," I said as I sat back down.

"What is it?" Mom asked.

"You remember the night I went to a party and I didn't come back home," I said, now that I thought about it, the night Toby almost...you know, I just realized I stayed over at Reece's house and Mom and Dad didn't even know I was there, or exactly where I was.

Dad shrugged and sipped his tea. "Reece called and informed me you were sleeping at his house," Dad told me.

"He's such a great kid," Mom said in awe, "you should marry him," I rolled my eyes, as she had said this more than once.

Gwen scoffed. "You let her sleep over at Reece's house?" She asked and both Mom and Dad smiled.

"Yes, he's such a good kid." He repeated. "Violetta, you better marry that boy and don't even think about coming home if you guys break up," Dad said sternly, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh my gosh, I literally just interpreted that dear," my Mom said, giggling like a school girl.

"Eww," Cole said disgustedly.

"Eweww," Millie said, trying to copy Cole's words while smiling and trying to shove her food into her mouth.

Just then, Reece entered inside, wearing a blue shirt with jeans and sneakers.

"Mornin'," he greeted, taking the granola that was in my hand and popped it into his mouth, I frowned.

"What the fuck? I was eating that!" I glared.

"Language Violetta," Mom sighed.

"Sorry," I mumbled, before getting up and getting my backpack from the floor.