XLIII | Drug Lord

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

-William Shakespeare

XLIII | DRUG LORD

I smiled as I continued to stare at my promise ring, sometimes I would do this when I'm bored or just feel like looking at it. I gently kissed it and I swear it looked like it sparkled even more. I then touched my golden necklace, my hand gently touched the heart shape design, with the word Veece in the center.

I turned to look at the sleeping figure on the bed, he had his covers wrapped around him and a frown planted on his face. I didn't like how he had a frown planted on his lips, it was sometimes a concern to me.

I stood up from his white couch since I was watching YouTube videos on his Apple laptop with his earpiece. I placed them gently on the coffee table and walked towards him.

He was sleeping on the edge of his bed, a few strands of brown hair lightly reached his eyes.

I gently brushed it away from his eyes which caused him to stir in his sleep, I silently chuckled before planting a gentle peck on his lips, before exiting his room.

Again I have gotten used to the West Manor, sure I haven't been inside every room here, but I have been to the game room, theatre room, spa room and others so far. I crept down the stairs and walked towards the direction of the kitchen, I saw Gretchen talking with someone on the phone, she was the assistant chef in the kitchen.

When she realized I was there she smiled at me before telling the person goodbye. "Is that your son?" I asked. Gretchen was a really nice woman and we've gotten to know each other pretty well lately.

She was in her early sixties, her husband died at war when she was only twenty-one, so she had to take care of their son at such a young age by herself, she never remarried though, now her son was already grown and had children of his own.

She nodded. "Si, I said hello to my cute little grandchildren," she said and I laughed as I rested my elbow on the center island.

"Anything you would like to eat Violetta?" She continued.

I thought about it for a second. "Can you make me and Reece spaghetti, please?" I questioned since it was late in the afternoon on a school day.

She nodded and started to prepare the ingredients.

"Hello, Violetta." I turned to see Reece's mom, Amelia, walk inside the kitchen, she had a pencil skirt and a pink button up top on along with heels.

"Oh, hi Amelia, are you heading to work?" I asked and she nodded, grabbing a pear from the center island fruit table.

"Yes, me and Andrew have this big meetin' today, which is very important," she told me, whilst washing her pear. Andrew was the name of Reece's father.

I nodded and quickly said goodbye to her as she left the kitchen.

After the spaghetti was done, me and Gretchen took the tray and drinks to Reece's room. I used my other hand to open the door and saw Reece already sitting on his bed, looking tired with confusion of his face, probably wondering where I was.

Me and Gretchen placed the tray and drinks on his nightstand, as I sat on his bed next to him, I thanked Gretchen as she left.

Before I could greet Reece, I felt lips crash onto mine. I was gently pushed to lay on the bed, I smiled into the kiss.

"I missed you," he whispered in my ear, before attacking my neck, I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Reece, you were only sleeping for like, two hours," I laughed, I felt him smile on my neck.