LIV | Emotions

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.

-Gordon A. Eadie

LIV | EMOTIONS

"Headache, difficulty walking, dizziness, fatigue, nausea or vomiting, blurred vision, difficulty speaking, personality change, seizures, or sleepiness..."

I read out loud to myself as I scrolled down the internet explorer on my laptop. For the past two hours, I've gathered every bit of knowledge I could possibly intake about brain cancer, including its symptoms.

I sighed and shut down my laptop and ruffled my hair due to stress. News about Reece having not  awoken yet after the aftermath of his surgery, which was three days ago now. Luckily, it was successful, but he had entered a coma. Doctors say his coma won't be long, but at least there is a high chance he will be okay now.

After his second surgery, he immediately has to start chemotherapy and getting back on his feet since he might not be able to walk for a few weeks, but I am going to help him with every obstacle. I am going to be by his side no matter what.

"Honey, what time are you heading to the hospital?" I turned from my desk to see my Mom in front of my door. I didn't even notice that she had opened it, I was so engrossed in what I was doing.

I rested my hair behind my ears, "um, in about an hour or so," I said.

She nodded and smiled, "todo va a estar bien cariño, solo espera." I smiled at my Mom's words in Spanish, telling me everything is going to be okay, that I should just wait. My Mom rarely and I mean rarely spoke her language, she only did when she felt like she needed to.

"Thanks, Mom," I said and she smiled once again, before closing the door behind her.

I stood up from my bed and went straight to my vanity mirror and stared at my reflection. My hair has barely been washed, I had very noticeable bags under my eyes that even makeup couldn't fix, and my facial tone looked a little pale.

I touched the necklace that Reece had given me, gripping it tightly, "por favor despierta te extraño."

Please wake up, I miss you.

"You alright?" I looked up from my coffee to see Romeo sit down next to me in the upper wing waiting room in the hospital

I raised an eyebrow, I assumed since he was here that means the rest of his family has to aswell and probably were still in the lower wing before they'd come here. Everyone else said they were on their way, including my family.

I placed my coffee on the nearby coffee table and sighed, "the definition of alright is definitely not going to be accurate to me until Reece wakes up," I said bluntly.

Romeo smiled before sighing, "thanks," he said and I narrowed my eyes at him and sat more comfortable in the waiting room chair.

"For what?" I asked and he gave me a sad smile.