XLII | Best of Both Worlds

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

-Maurice Switzer

XLII | BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

"Well, well, well, would you look at that," I heard, my eyes immediately fluttered open to see my Dad looking at me with a smirk.

My eyebrows knit in confusion until I felt a strong grip around my waist. I turned to see Reece sleeping peacefully beside me, I remembered him staying the night after we all cleaned up the mess from my birthday celebration.

I turned back to Dad. "Remember those condoms I gave you, Violetta, at this rate, I think you'll need them."

I glared at him, "Dad, now's not the time," I sighed before I continued,
"You know, most fathers would shout if they saw their daughter snuggled up against a guy in her bed," I pointed out.

"I've told you twice and I'll tell you again, I'm not a regular dad Violetta, I'm a cool dad, " he smiled, "breakfast is soon," he left my room. "DON'T FORGET TO USE THE CONDOMS!" my Dad shouted and I groaned, his shouting, I assumed, woke Reece up because he moved in his sleep.

I turned to him and saw his green eyes lazily looking at me. "Mornin'," he mumbled.

I smiled at him and was about to stand up, but his grip on my waist became tighter. He pulled me closer and began to stroke my hair.

"Did you like your party yesterday?" He asked.

"Yeah," I mumbled, there was no way I was going to let him smell my morning breathe.

He nodded and kissed the top of my head. "I can still smell your mornin' breathe if that's the reason why you are givin' me a one worded answer," he said and I groaned.

"How do you not have morning breathe?" I questioned, looking up at him, he smirked.

It was true, I wasn't smelling any morning breath from him, which made me think if he was actually a human being. Am I dating a robot? Oh dear, they are going to wipe out the human, race I just know it.

Jesus Christ Violetta stop acting stupid. My conscience said at the last thought.

"I eat cucumbers and celery before sleepin', it helps prevent mornin' breathe," he explained, shrugging.

My face grew with confusion. "Did you go home to get them or--," I said because I knew he slept here with me, so maybe he went home to get it.

"Nah, one-day durin' class, I was bored so I left school and bought them and put them in your fridge, so when I stay over, I don't have to worry about having mornin' breathe," he said and I groaned.

"I have no idea why my parents gave you a house key," I sighed and his smirk grew. I shifted uncomfortably. "Um...you didn't hear what my dad said this morning did you?" I asked.

"Oh, you mean the part about breakfast? Yes I did," he said and I sighed in relief. "And also the part about us usin' condoms while havin' hot steamy sex," he winked, putting his hand on my butt and I immediately slapped it away.

"Pervert."

"Princess."

"Idiot."

"Queen."

"Asshole."

"Wifey."

"Shut up, Reece."

He gently pecked my lips.