XXII | The Truth

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.

-Oscar Wilde

XXII | THE TRUTH

Of course, the expectation of Reece not picking me up for school today was a hundred percent accurate, I didn't even have to question it. I sighed as I got into my car then chuckled softly at how I rarely used it since Reece had entered my life and just after one month, he was gone, just like that. I was a bit nervous to see him even though I knew he probably wouldn't even talk to me, let alone look at me. In a way, from his perspective, I had 'cheated' on him.

Gwen basically forced me to change my clothes this morning when I came down with sweats paired with Ugg's and ended up wearing a shirt and skater skirt with boots.

My car roared to life as I started the engine, I reversed from my house driveway and started to drive towards the school, sighing once again as I was sure the news of me and Reece's breakup would be known and also the news of him and Brooke being back together too as well.

I felt my knuckles go hard on the steering wheel as I glared at the road ahead. I wasn't even going to give him an explanation, I just have to accept the fact that Reece was someone I shouldn't have had in my life, it's better to forget about him than trying to patch things up with him. Then I remembered we have the same set of friends, if Ocean and Zoey chose to stick with him, I would be okay with it, they've known him longer and are closer to him, at least I knew Ronnie, Chase, and Laurianne will stand by me. Hopefully.

I parked in a random spot in the parking lot. I watched as students and teachers spoke among themselves whilst some entered the school. I could already feel my nerves start to kick in. I frowned. I was tired of being the good girl, I was tired of being the nice girl everyone took advantage of. Look at where it got me now, not having either Xavier nor Reece. I was still irritated that Xavier took advantage of me either way. Knowing someone you like, or rather had liked took advantage of that to use it against you was pure evil.

Maybe I should have demanded Reece to talk to me even when Brooke had shown up. But then again, what if Brooke wasn't even behind this? In the end, I did not have any form of proof that she was the one. It could be one of the hundreds of girls in this school that admired Reece that could have done this. But no one knew that I had liked Xavier. Though knowing Brooke, she was manipulative, she could have easily known I had liked Xavier even before I had started to fake date Reece because I must admit, I did make it obvious that I liked Xavier.

I decided to not focus anymore on that thought.

Being the good girl had only caused me pain and heartbreak. I'm not going to be the same insecure girl anymore. I grabbed my backpack from the passenger's seat and carried it on my shoulder and opened the car door. I was still nervous but I wasn't going to let it show. I slammed the door shut and put my car keys in my backpack.

I started making my way into the school entrance, I felt eyes on me throughout as I walked inside the building, I heard whispering and wolf whistles as I passed by - the boys now knowing I was 'supposedly single' and now thinking they had a chance with me. I chose to ignore them and not give them the time of day.

I opened my locker and brought out my biology notes, "Violetta Ariel Maxwell." I rolled my eyes and came face to face with Ocean, Zoey, Laurianne, and Ronnie, they stared at me with shock looks on their faces.

Ocean frowned, "can you please answer my question as of why I saw Reece and Brooke making out in the parking lot earlier this morning? By that I mean he wasn't making out with you and I'm also hearing rumours that he and Brooke are back together, is that true?" Ocean rambled on.