XXX | Rule Number One

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

-Narcotics Anonymous

XXX | RULE NUMBER ONE

I smiled as I closed my locker, remembering everything that had happened to me and Reece yesterday made my smile grow even more.

"Someone is in a good mood." I turned to see Ronnie walking down the hall smiling at me.

"I am." I smiled as I moved to the side, walking with her. I had to quickly get something from my locker so I told Ocean to go on without me to lunch.

"Ooh, is it Brandon, did y'all get funky yesterday?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows and I rolled my eyes at her.

"No, actually I'm not going to take the next level with Brandon anymore," I said and she frowned.

"Ugh, why? He's super nice...wait, don't tell me, are you becoming gay?" She asked.

I really wanted to slap her right now. "Um no," I said, shaking my head.

"Me and Reece kind of made up," I whispered. She stopped walking and I turned to look at her.

Her smile grew and she jumped up and down, people were giving her a few weird looks but Ronnie was never one to care about what others thought of her, see this is why we are complete opposites. "Oh my god, yes Veece babies are happening again!" Ronnie shouted, I came closer to her and covered her mouth.

"Would you shut up, we aren't dating, we're just like taking things slow," I groaned removing my hand from her mouth.

"So, that means he broke up with that bitch," Ronnie asked. I scoffed at her comment, Brooke was a bitch, but it wasn't nice how Ronnie said it out in the opening while people clearly heard her as we passed down the hall.

"He's actually breaking up with her today," I admitted, at least that's what he told me when he dropped me off at home after our twenty minutes make out session.

Ronnie fanned herself. "Ugh, thank God, she's such a bad influence on him, he's too innocent," she said and I laughed.

Too innocent? I remember when we were still fake dating I told him one day that I was bored over the phone and this is what he exactly said to me: 'if you're bored, just watch porn.'

Ronnie grabbed me and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "I'm so happy you guys are almost together, isn't it ironic how we BFF'S are dating two BFF'S?" she rambled on.

"Can't...breathe," I whined, she immediately released me.

"Oops, sorry," she laughed, grabbing my hand as we made our way to the cafeteria.

"So...since you are Reece are like, ya know, a sorta, almost thing...can we please sit at the popular table, please, I miss it," she begged. "I heard they're bringing a chocolate fountain," she whispered in my ear.

I playfully rolled my eyes and released her hand from mine. "Ronnie, if you want to sit with them it's okay,when me and Reece were fighting, Jake sat with you anyway so I encourage you to do the same," I said.

She shook her head no. "No, you're my other half, in a non-romantic type of way, where you go, I go and where I go, you go," she replied, dragging me to the cafeteria line. "Hello Patty," Ronnie greeted the lunch lady. She had a big mole on her nose and hair on her chin, a couple more months and she will have a full on beard.

"I see you still haven't gotten a man yet...how depressing," Ronnie faked smiled at Patty. Did I mention they hate each other?

No? Okay well, they do and I don't know why, oh, wait, now I remember, Ronnie asked Patty if she could have the last salad one day and Patty said no, then Ronnie asked why and she said because she doesn't like any of us. This causing Ronnie and Patty to almost have a physical fight and if I hadn't dragged Ronnie away, shit would have gone down.