XXXIV | Wifey

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

-J.R.R. Tolkien

XXXIV | WIFEY

"Surfs up," Jake screamed as he surfed the waves at the beach. Today, was Sunday and when I told everyone at the park, that me and Reece were going swimming, they suggested we go to the beach.

I told them more than three times that when I said swimming, I meant to a swimming pool and not the beach, but of course, my friends were as stubborn as a goat, so they basically forced us to go to the beach instead.

"Hey sexies," Landon said as he was walking up to us girls, me, Ocean, Laurianne, Zoey, and Ronnie were laying down on beach chairs, getting tanned.

Ocean frowned when she realized Landon was blocking her sunlight. She removed her sunglasses and glared at Landon. "Move idiot, you're blocking my sun," she groaned and Landon smirked.

"Don't deny these abs baby, they are for you and only for you," Landon grinned, flexing his muscles, we all rolled out eyes, especially Ocean, who scoffed.

"As if, now move along," she ordered, shooing him away with her hands and putting her sunglasses back on, turning back to her Vogue magazine.

Zoey was on her phone texting away, Ronnie was checking Jake out as he surfed, and Chase was forced to put sunscreen on Laurianne's back, which was a surprise because I'm sure most guys love putting sunscreen on their girlfriends back.

"Chase, I told you to go lower," Laurianne sighed, turning to face him since she was lying down. Chase rolled his eyes and squirted sunscreen on his palm before applying it to Laurianne's back once again.

I frowned, I wonder where Reece is, I haven't seen him at all since we came. "Landon, where's Reece?" I asked.

"Oh, at the Shack down there," he said pointing to the shack nearby, turning to leave and play volleyball with Miles and other guys.

I pulled my sunglasses to my head and stood up. "I'll be back, " I said and the girls and Chase nodded.

It was pretty hot today, but I didn't remove my top and shorts yet. I walked to the shack to see Reece looking at the waves as he held a bottle of Gatorade in his hand.

"Hey hotty," I commented, sitting down across from him, he looked at me and smirked.

"Sorry, I'm taken," he joked and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Why aren't you out with the rest of us?" I questioned and he sighed as I took his Gatorade and drank some out of it, almost finishing it.

"What?" I shrugged, giving it back to him, he looked at the bottle, then back at me.

"Violet, I only took one sip of it and you already almost finished it," he chuckled. I smiled taking the rest of the drink and finishing it. "And you just finished it," he laughed and rested his elbows on the table, his blue eyes stared at me. I rested my elbow on the table as well, our faces were only mere inches apart from each other.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked he smiled.

"Have I ever told you that you are beautiful?" he told me and I bit my lip and looked up. I don't think Reece has ever complimented me facial wise, has he?