LV | Leather Jacket

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

-Douglas Adams

LV | LEATHER JACKET

I brushed the hair back from Reece's face since some brown locks swept on his eyes as he slept. I sat down in the hospital seat next to him and smiled.

One week has gone by and today was the day of his second surgery. Today was the day he'd be cancer free. Today was the day he'd no more be in pain.

Everyone else was already outside in the waiting room, but I decided to spend the last remaining hour before Reece's surgery here with him. I glanced at the television since the volume was low but the Martin Show still showed on the screen.

I gently grabbed Reece's hand that was in reach and pecked it gently.

Everything is going to be fine. After his second surgery, he'll wake up and after that, we can live the rest of our lives together.

I smiled at that thought. I mean, I haven't exactly put in much thought of me and Reece's future together, but he's the one I want to be with. I know everyone says that when they start falling in love with their partner, but Reece is my first boyfriend and I really hope he'll be my last and maybe after that, an engagement ring would be next, then a wedding ring.

It must have been an hour that I sat here with my thoughts as a nurse softly knocked on the door and opening it. I turned to her and gave her a smile. Her sound, of course, caused Reece to wake up.

"Sorry for interrupting, but it's time," she said, giving us a small smile. I nodded and turned to Reece who looked at me with a gentle smile which I happily returned.

I stood up from the chair and was about to release my hand from Reece's, but he gripped it tightly, "hold my hand until I they take me into the surgery room. Please," he said and I smiled and gripped it tightly.

"Sure," I said.

The nurse wheeled Reece out of the room with him still on his bed. I held his hand the entire time. We entered into the hallway and saw everyone else already outside. We all silently walked down the hall, until we stopped at a grey double door where the operation would take place. I heard Reece breathe in and out and closed his eyes before re-opening them and looking up at the white ceiling.

Reece's family spoke to him first, then my family, then our friends.

"You got this," Landon said, fist bumping Reece with his free hand that wasn't holding mine. He smiled at Landon's words before shifting his eyes to me. I gave him my best smile, but he obviously knew it was fake but didn't say anything.

I bent down and pecked his lips quickly, before releasing his hand. My hand now felt cold and empty.

My Mom wrapped her arms around my shoulder as we all watched Reece being wheeled into the surgery room until the grey double doors shut with a large sound.

We all silently walked back to the waiting room and sat down.

After an hour, I stood up, "I'm heading to the hospital cafeteria." I said.

"I'll join you, where there's food, I'll go," Miles laughed. I smiled at that as we made our way to the hospital's cafeteria. It was quiet throughout until we got to our destination.

After we arrived, we got what we wanted and sat down at a two-person table. I sipped my ice tea awkwardly. It wasn't like I was nervous around Miles or anything, but the whole Zoey and his thing was kind of crazy.