XIX | Violet Rose's

A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.

-Elbert Hubbard

XIX | VIOLET ROSE'S

A week has already gone by since my Dad had left for Florence, he had just returned last night. Reece was still acting a little bit strange, but we still talked normally. Today he is coming over for dinner with my family, who loves to embarrass me. Yay, note my sarcasm. I knew for sure my parents, especially my dad, were going to embarrass me a whole lot. Reece was basically my first boyfriend to them, as they didn't know about the whole fake dating situation.

I closed my locker, my stomach grumbling with hunger. "Hey, hey, hey." I turned to see Ocean and Zoey walking towards me. I smiled, the last few days I'd gotten very close with Zoey, Ocean, and Landon and I can now say that they are officially my new closest friends, including Miles and Jake of course.

I hugged both of them. "Where's Ronnie?" I asked knowing that Laurianne was with Chase.

Zoey playfully rolled her eyes, "She is apparently on her 'diet month' and ran to the line in order to get a salad before there is none left," she replied and I laughed. Ronnie was something else.

With that in mind, the three of us made our way towards the cafeteria. "You guys excited for the big game tomorrow?" I questioned and Ocean squealed.

"Yes! We've been practicing none stop on our cheerleading routines, my legs still hurt from yesterday's practices," Ocean groaned and both me and Zoey chuckled.

"Plus you're going to wear Reece's shirt," Zoey winked at me.

"Shirt?" I said with confusion, again, I'm not used to all this football stuff.

"Um, yeah, you're going to wear his jersey to represent him while he's playing duh, it's so cute how you're so innocent with this," Ocean laughed and I playfully rolled my eyes.

Wearing Reece's jersey, the thought brought a smile to my face.

"By the way, how was your date?" I asked.

"Ugh, waste of time, he was so boring," Ocean groaned as we walked into the cafeteria, already a ton of people were inside, either sitting with their friends or in line to get food.

We sat down on our regular table and Ronnie appeared, sitting down next to me. "I'm starving," she whined, opening her salad.

"They will serve us pasta with chicken soon, why are you eating the salad and on this diet anyway?" Zoey asked

Ronnie groaned. "As much as I love the food the school gives our table, I've gained like, two pounds, so I need to lose it," she exclaimed, biting into her salad.

I rolled my eyes, she looked just the same as always.

Reece, Miles, Jake, and Landon came to the table next and sat down in their respective seats. Despite Chase and Reece having their differences, somehow they are getting along. He still preferred to sit at Laurianne's lunch table, but they sometimes do sit with us.

Reece snapped his fingers and immediately our food came, my stomach grumbled loudly and I mentally faced palmed. "Someone's hungry," Landon chucked. I blushed due to the embarrassment as Reece wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

Sometimes I do wish we were a real couple, but I guess not since Reece obviously doesn't feel the same way about me, which is totally fine...