XI | Hot Australian Boyfriend

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

-Mae West

XI | HOT AUSTRALIAN BOYFRIEND

I groaned quietly as Reece closed the door behind him, making sure to secretly give him the middle finger. I didn't know the first thing about teenage parties, except they included sex and alcohol, drugs too most of the time. I shivered, even the mere thought of it made me highly uncomfortable.

I went to my closet and searched for my choice of clothing to wear, I decided to wear a white sweatshirt and sweatpants for this unholy occasion. Nothing like the dress my sister had given me.

A sudden knock came to my door and in entered Gwen, "hey baby sis," she greeted, closing the door behind her. I stared at her with confusion, she didn't normally come to my room this late at night.

"Everything okay?" I asked as she sat down on my bed.

"Duh, my little sister is finally going to her first party! Ugh, I'm so proud of you Vivi. I could literally cry!" She said fanning herself dramatically. I raised my eyebrow at her words. Sometimes I questioned who was more dramatic: Gwen, Ronnie, or Reece.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "who told you I'm going to the party?"

"Your hot Australian boyfriend, that's who. Who also told me to make sure you don't dress how you normally dress." Well I was insulted, Reece going behind my back and clearly saying I have bad taste.

I definitely know how to dress. They are probably just jealous that I have better fashion sense than both of them combined...oh, who was I kidding?

I crossed my arms and glared at Gwen, "I know how to dress Gwendolyn." I still had the need to try to defend myself.

She glanced at my sweats that laid on my bed and scrunched her nose is disgust, "you are not seriously thinking of actually wearing that are you?" she stated and I rolled my eyes. It's funny how Ronnie said the exact same thing to me on the first day of school. Clearly I was getting a reputation.

"Of course I am, it's just a party. It's not like I'm going to the Met Gala or something," I protested and she shook her head in disappointment and stood up from my bed.

"I'll be right back," she left my room. I sighed as I put the sweats back inside my closet, knowing she was bringing me something to wear.

Gwendolyn re-entered my room with a black dress. I looked at it and frowned, "there's no way I'm wearing that after having to wear the other one."

She looked at the dress, raising it up with the hanger to analyze it, "I don't see anything wrong with it." She stated.

I slightly scratched the back of my head, "it's kind of - um--"

"Kind of what?" She rested her free hand on her hip with a scowl on her face.

I bit my lip and took the dress from her, "nothing, it's perfect! I love it." I lied, giving her a small smile.

She smiled in satisfaction, "good, now try it on."

I sighed mentally as I started to remove my previous clothing and replaced it with the dress. It was strapless and stopped to the middle of my thigh. I looked at myself in my full length mirror, looking at how it fitted my curves perfectly, but I still felt weird wearing it. I hate dresses and wearing one right now that wasn't to any formal event generally irritated me.

Gwen smiled, "awe, you look so cute, come on let me do your hair and makeup!" she titled in excitement for me.

I sat down begrudgingly in front of the vanity table as Gwen went to her room to get her curler and makeup kit.