XXXVIII | Lily

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

-J.K. Rowling

XXXVIII | LILY

I groaned softly as I opened my eyes, the sunlight came directly on my face.

Dammit, why do I always forget to close the damn curtains when Dad leaves.

Dad insists that sunlight gives us good energy, so despite our many protests, he stills opens me and my sibling's curtains every morning.

I rubbed my eyes, my face scurried in confusion. There was no arm wrapped around my waist or a head on my shoulder. I frowned and used the other free hand that wasn't rubbing my eyes to touch the space next to me, which was indeed empty.

I sighed and sat up. I checked the time to see it was only 7:00 am. I would have to be ready in exactly an hour or I'd be late for school. I looked on my dresser to see a small note on it.

I picked it up and examined the neat cursive handwriting.

Had to take care of things, don't worry, it's nothing dangerous. I'll be back, so I can pick you up for school.

- Reece.

I re-read it five times and frowned.

It wasn't fair that he had nice penmanship, while mine was little, like a chicken dying from starvation, Ronnie words, not mine.

I got out of bed making it quickly. I yawned before stretching, the morning breathe clearly there.

I hate my morning breathe, I don't know how couples like to still kiss when having it. I can never ever kiss with morning breathe.

I entered the bathroom and took a quick shower, after, I changed into a pink skirt with matching crop top and ankle boots. I grabbed my phone and bag pack and started making my way downstairs. Reece would probably be here in around twenty minutes or so.

I entered the kitchen to see my family at the dining room table, Gwen texting on her phone, Mom feeding Millie breakfast, Cole surprisingly doing some of his homework, that I'm sure Mom and Dad scowled at him for not doing yesterday night and Dad looking at some files from work. I assumed he would be going to work later then, he can either go early before I get ready for school, or stay and go after I have left.

"Morning fam," I greeted, sitting down. They greeted me back with a tired voice. Yup, us Maxwell's hate mornings.

Dad rested the paper he was scanning through on the table and cleared his throat, drinking his coffee.

"So, Violetta sweetie, I came home last night to see Reece and you sleeping on your bed, together," he said and my breathing hitched.

My Mom turned her face away from Millie and looked at me, then Dad, "he did?" Mom asked smiling.

What is wrong with her.

"I--," before I could continue, Dad raised his hand, gesturing me to keep quiet.

"Now, I'm not angry or anything, in fact, I got you something," he explained and I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

He placed a square object on the table, or rather, a lot of them.

"Is that- hahaha!" Gwen said, laughing hysterically while Cole rolled his eyes and continued to do his homework. Millie looked at everyone with a confusion planted on her face.

"David!" My Mom shouted, astonished, causing Gwen to laugh even harder.

"Now I don't exactly know Reece's size, so I said hey, why not just buy all sizes," Dad said, this again causing Gwen to laugh harder, only this time she landed on the floor in a fit of laughter.