XXVI | Liquorice

Without music, life would be a mistake.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

XXVI | LIQUORICE

Exams had started today and I already felt exhausted to the core, the exams weren't too bad, but God, they were frustrating.

I walked towards Ronnie's locker, since it was the end of the day. I just quickly wanted to tell her bye before I leave and go home and study for the next exam tomorrow. As I was walking down the hall to her locker, I halt in my tracks, what I was seeing in front of me was rather strange and unusual. I shifted a little to make my presence unknown.

What the hell? Was all I could think, I watched as Jake and Ronnie were laughing as she rested her hand on his shoulder which he smiled at, my lips went into a straight line with confusion. Oh, so now my match making idea works.

I rolled my eyes, quinting more since they were kind of far away.

"Hiya." I jumped at that sound and almost hit my head on a random person's locker.

I turned to see Ocean, Laurianne, and Zoey looking at me weirdly, wondering why I was hiding and bending down.

"Shhh, get down," I told them, they looked at one another before bending down to my level.

"Erm, what are we looking at?" Zoey asked and I pointed to Ronnie and Jake.

Ocean gasped, "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, they are so cute together!" she squealed and I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Are you crazy woman, don't blow our cover," I hiss at her and she slowly nodded.

"I'm going to remove my hand and when I do, I want you to be quiet, okay," I said very slowly, she nodded again and I removed it.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" She shouted even louder, causing everyone in the hallway to look towards our direction.

Me, Laurianne, and Zoey quickly dragged Ocean away so Ronnie and Jake wouldn't see us spying on them. We stood up and Ocean started to fan herself, causing Zoey to face palm, me to frown, and Laurianne to roll her eyes.

"You almost blew our cover," Laurianne said and all Ocean did was smile.

"Who gives a fuck okay, our friends are like, oh my god, I just can't, I'm so happy I could cry," Ocean said, removing a pink tissue from her bag and dabbing it on her eyes. Wow, talk about being extra.

"I say we spy on them even more," Ocean suggested and Zoey scoffed.

"No," Zoey and Laurianne said at the same time.

"Yeah, no." I agreed and Ocean groaned.

"They can after all just be friends, we don't know unless we spy on them more," she complained and I rolled my eyes and walked down the hallway to where Ronnie and Jake were at.

As I came back to the other hallway, I saw Jake kiss Ronnie on the cheek, she blushed and waved bye as he left the school building.

"Never mind, they are so a thing," Ocean said.

"But when did this happen, I've never seen them like this until now," Zoey said and I nodded in agreement. Ronnie saw us and walked down towards our direction.

"Guys, remember, do not mention we were spying on them, okay," I whispered to Ocean, Laurianne, and Zoey, who all nodded in understanding. But I was mostly saying this towards Ocean.

"Hey guys," Ronnie greeted, smiling.

"We saw you and Jake together, we are so happy for you guys," Ocean, squealed pushing me out of her way, since I was blocking her from Ronnie, causing me to get hit by a locker. I almost fell if Zoey and Laurianne hadn't quickly taken hold of me.