Amy Blesse

Finally. After all this time, I finally know who I am and why I'm like this.

My name is, or WAS, anyways, Amelia Christiana Blesse, or Amy for short. Though I was born in Germany, both of my parents were American citizens, making me an American citizen by blood. When I finished Kindergarden, my parents moved back to the United States. From grade school until my teenage years, I always had a fascination for the stars above and wanted to be an astronaut.

As a young teenager, my parents took me to Space Camp, where it was discovered that I was a child prodigy, able to easily learn advanced techniques that most people struggle with learning as a young adult. After high school, I earned a scholarship to NASA's new University of Space and Aeronautics. I graduated with a Masters Degree in Space Exploration, and was hired as a member of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I had finally realised my girlhood dream and became an astronaut!

3 years into my career, I was tasked with testing a chemical that could allow a human to survive the heat that only a star could generate. After being considered safe to drink by the lab experts, it was ready for a field test at the nearest star: our Sun. As I was drinking the chemical and preparing myself for the descent into the star, the ship's Autopilot malfunctioned, causing the ship to fly too close to the Sun. My ship crashed into the Sun, unable to handle its intense gravity, and nothing but ashes remained afterwards. Amy Blesse was dead, or so they thought.

A little over a year later, my former squad and I made contact for the first time since the accident. They didn't recognise me, so they captured me in order to find out what I was. They could hardly consider me as a life form, as I had no internal organs or bones beneath my skin; just a raging inferno blazing throughout me. It wasn't until recently when they discovered that, excluding genetic mutations turning me into the gigantic living flame I am today, my DNA perfectly resembled former U.S. astronaut Amy Blesse.

"The only problem is that not only do we not know what went on, but  I fear the side effects may be irreversible.'' Luke says as he walks closer to me. If the room were any warmer, I could reach out and incinerate him. I kind of like that idea.

''All we can assume is that when your shuttle crashed, the chemical, which was now mixed with your DNA , did exactly what we wanted. It allowed you to survive the heat of the sun, but much like a to good to be true genie , who promises you wishes, only to twist them later, there was a bad twist. You are now this monstrosity.''