Becoming a Monster

Just like last time, Alex paid no attention to me, though I was the one who decided whether he lives or dies. Instead, however, his attention was towards Pruitt, "What the f*ck is wrong with you, Pruitt?! I was about to kill Satan herself and save the world, and YOU have to ruin everything!! Now she's going to destroy you, me, and the entire Earth, and it's all your fault!!!"

Wait, did he just refer to me as Satan? As in, the Satan? The king of evil and lord of Hell? Tell me that he did not just compare me to the single most evil being in existence! My rage was building up to levels I thought I'd never reach! This encounter alone, he referred to me as Satan, tried to destroy me, my friends, and my home with liquid nitrogen, and called me the c-word! If his goal was to make me as angry as humanly possible, he succeeded, because I have half a mind to grant him the slowest and most painful death I could possibly give a little twerp like him! Angered, I began closing my fist around the ship, forcing the walls to close in around him.

"Um, Alex?" Pruit replied, "you do realise that we need the sun to live, right? So, wouldn't that mean that, by destroying the sun, that you would be ending the world?"

"Don't condescend me, Pruitt!!" Alex was screaming as loud as he possibly could, "I have to do whatever it takes to rid the universe of this g*ddamned monstrosity!!!"

There was that word again: Monstrosity. Every time someone uses that word to describe me, it further awakens a dark place inside me, and I gain a desire to show them what a real monster was! Chlenching the fist with the ship inside much harder than previously, I managed to break off one of the ship's wings by accident, making it crash into the sun's surface.

"Go ahead, Devil! Kill me!" Alex turned his attention to me and began to goad me into ending him, "Make me a martyr, like my mentor before me! I know you want to, so go ahead and give in to your murderous desires! You already did it to Luke, so what's stopping you now? Is it because, once you kill me as well, you know that the planet you once called "home" would never forgive you?"

The audacity of this man! To think that he still had the nerve to try goading me into squashing him like the bug he is? Does he not realise who he is dealing with? I am the Sun-Girl, and he is just a pathetic little human! He should not be taunting me, for I am bigger than him, stronger than him, faster than him, ... better than him! He may as well be an ant before a goddess! He ought to be praying to me, begging me to spare his pathetic, miserable life! I am God to him!  I am eternal! I am that who controlls whether he may live or die!! I AM THE SUN GIRL!!! I...

I...

I'm becoming a monster! What am I doing? I'm not God; I'm just a woman! What have I become? All this time, the humans, specifically Luke and Alex, have called me a monster, but now, ... now I'm starting to act like one! These people aren't bugs, they're, well, people! I shouldn't be treating anyone like this!

But... I'm at least above Alex! He's making me act like a monster, and he's about to learn why making monsters is a very, very dangerous game to play!

No... I've killed one man, and it made Alex desire revenge. I made him become a monster! I need to try to scare him into leaving, without actually causing him harm. But how?

"Are you scared, Satan," Alex interrupted my train of thought, "that the world will never forgive you?"

I think I have an idea. What if I just act like a monster? Yeah, I'll toy with him, like I did Luke! I'll embarrass him in front of his friends by scaring him into submission! When I'm done with him, he'll be so scared, he won't even walk outside into the sunlight, let alone bother me ever again!

I began by leaning in towards what's left of the front of his shipmand whispering, "Do you honestly think I give two sh*ts about what a planet inhabited by pathetic, scrawny little insects like you think about a god like me?" As the words left my mouth, I saw his smug face slowly turn into a look of self-concern just before acted like I was about to throw his ship into the inferno below us.

As I prepared my 'throw', he wouldn't say a word, so I spoke up first, "I'll see you in Hell, my friend." I then lunged my arm towards my home as quickly as I could as he let out a terrified scream, but I didn't let go. I started to laugh at his pathetic screams when I remembered Pruitt and his squad. They weren't in on my little prank, and I said some pretty nasty things about humans and how they're "pathetic, scrawny little insects." While Alex wasn't looking, I glanced toward Pruit and gave him a playful smirk while winking at him, hoping that it was enough to let him know that I'm merely toying with Alex before I let the squad take him away. But I hope it was enough...