The Truth About Last Summer

Hoseok sighed as he looked at the text messaged he had received three minutes ago. Yoongi looked over his shoulder. "Is he with Tae?" Yoongi asked. Hoseok set his phone down and smiled at his best friend. "Yes, but do you want to talk about him right now? We don't have to."

Yoongi shook his head and sighed. He rested his forehead on Hoseok's shoulder. Yoongi's body began to tremble. "Aw... hyung, it'll be okay. You guys will get through this." Yoongi sat up and wiped his tears away before shaking his head. "No, we won't."

"What even happened, Taehyungie?" Jimin asked as he handed his best friend his second tub of ice cream. Taehyung sobbed as he stuffed another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth. "H-He thought I was cheating on him." Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "You? He thought... why in the world-"

Taehyung pouted and looked up at Jimin from his spot on the floor next to his bed. "I was kind of flirting with the cashier at the grocery store." Jimin sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Tae, why-?!"

Taehyung began to cry again. "I wasn't like flirting with him. It was innocent and he flirted with me first!" Jimin sighed. He jumped a bit when his phone buzzed in his hand. He checked the screen and smiled. "Who is it? My Yoongi-hyung?" Jimin bit his bottom lip and shook his head. "It's Hoseok-hyung." Taehyung perked up a bit. "Is-" "Yes, Tae. He's with Yoongi-hyung."

"You broke up with him because he flirted with the cashier?" Hoseok asked, obviously annoyed with his best friend. Yoongi pouted and sighed. "Hyung, you know how Taehyung is. I told you-" Yoongi groaned. "I know! But it's... It wasn't just that. That's just what I told him." Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows. "Then?" Yoongi put some space between himself and Hoseok.

"The guilt has just been eating away at me lately." Yoongi said. Hoseok thought for a moment. "Last summer?" Yoongi nodded and sighed. "It was someone we know..." Hoseok sighed. "Okay, but you guys were broken up technically, so it doesn't constitute as cheating."

Yoongi gave Hoseok a look. "Hobi, even if we're 'broken up' we're still together. Especially if its just a little fight we have and he says he's done and walks away for a couple minutes. He always comes back..." Yoongi hugged his knees and placed his forehead on his arm and began to cry again. "I don't think he's coming back this time..."

"Ask him if Yoongi said anything about getting back together with me." Taehyung said as he sat next to Jimin. Jimin turned a bit so Taehyung couldn't see his phone. Taehyung pouted and looked at his best friend. "Why can't I see?" Jimin ignored Taehyung as he texted Hoseok.

Taehyung put his tub of ice cream down and snatched Jimin's phone from his hands. "My Hobi-hyung?" Taehyung asked with a playful smirk. Jimin blushed and groaned. "Give it." Taehyung giggled and held Jimin's phone up in the air. "Try and get it shorty."

Jimin glared at Taehyung and pouted. "That's what I thought. But, I also thought you hated Hoseok." Jimin have Taehyung a blank stare. "Um, no. Where the hell have your eyes been the past ten plus years- Ah... never mind." Taehyung chuckled a bit. "If you've liked him that long, how come you never say anything to him or try to just talk to him?" He asked.

Jimin pouted. "He hates me... I kept trying to move on, but none of those other guys were him. And none of the future ones will be either. I just know it." Taehyung nodded and sighed. "I wish I could help..." Jimin shook his head. "No, it's okay Taehyungie. Do you wanna watch a movie and forget about a pair of certain stupid boys for a while?" Taehyung smiled and nodded. He grabbed his ice cream before walking into the living room. "No rom-coms, Jiminie-hyung!"

-

"Who was it?" Hoseok asked. Yoongi moved his head to the side to look at Hoseok. Hoseok widen his eyes and threw a hand up impatiently. Yoongi sighed and bit his bottom lip nervously. "Promise not to kill me?" Hoseok nodded and waited for Yoongi to continue. "No, Hobi, like. I need you to verbally promise not to kill me." Hoseok sighed. "I promise I won't kill you hyung. Was it that girl I liked? Or the girl that liked you from your chemistry class?" Hoseok gasped. "It wasn't-"

Yoongi groaned. "No! Damn it, Hoseok. It was Jungkook." Hoseok sat up straight and looked around as he processed. Yoongi inched a bit further away from Hoseok. Hoseok looked over at Yoongi and chuckled a bit. "Ha-ha. That's very funny hyung. Jungkook-" Yoongi sighed. "I'm serious Hoseok. It was Jungkook."

"Jiminie-hyung! I told you, no rom-coms." Taehyung said as he wiped his tears. "Oh stop, you love them." Taehyung pouted. "I do, but every couple reminds me of Yoongi-hyung and I..." Taehyung began to cry once more. "Jiminie-hyung! I want my baby back!" Jimin flinched a bit as Taehyung cried louder and harder. He sighed and scooted closer to him, draping his arm over Taehyung's shoulders. "Shhh... It'll be okay, Taehyungie. If you and Yoongi-hyung are meant to be, you'll be."

Jimin blushed a bit as he remembered Hoseok saying that to him in the locker room. The small, cute smile that was place on Hoseok's lips after he had said it. His cute little dimple that showed when he did. Jimin smiled to himself. Taehyung looked up at his best friend. He sighed out. "I miss looking like that..." Jimin looked down at his friend and furrowed his eyebrows. "Like what?" Taehyung pouted before he began to cry again for the millionth time. "In love."

"You- but- Hyung! My little brother?! Are you fucking serious?! He was only fourteen!" Yoongi flinched at how loud and harsh Hoseok sounded. Yoongi sighed and laid back on his bed. "I know, Hobi. But he was there and I was drunk-" "That's suppose to make me feel better or reassure me?!" Hoseok shouted. "Hoseok, please. Don't interrupt." Yoongi said.

Hoseok bit his tongue. He wanted to hit Yoongi so bad, but he decided to hear the elder out first. "Thank you. As I was saying, he was there and I was drunk. He approached me. I remember telling him that he should go and try to have fun instead of standing there talking to me because I was drunk and sad." Yoongi sighed out before continuing. "Then he said that he knew another way we could have fun. And well... I took his virginity." Hoseok glared at the elder.

"Hey! If anyone was taken advantage of, it was me. I was drunk and Jungkook was sober. He knew what he was doing." Yoongi said defensively. Hoseok sighed. "If that's the case, why do you feel guilty?" Yoongi shrugged. "Because I know it'll hurt him? I don't know. He does also still go to school with your brother. Who knows what Taehyung would do." Hoseok nodded. "Very true... well, how about we go do something to take your mind off of your guilt?" He asked.

"Taehyungie, I think maybe we should get you out of the house and away from ice cream." Taehyung nodded in agreement. Jimin smiled. "I know exactly where to take you."