1

The wind softly blows, the strands of the hair sticking out of my messy ponytail flailing around. The cold air stinging my cheeks as I continue to walk.
The bright sign of the gas station's convenient store cutting through the thick grey mist of another cold day.

Looking around, I see other people with their friends. Walking and laughing or just sharing the warmth of a car heater.

I sigh, watching the cloud of my breath float into the air. I trudge on, shoving my hands deeper into the pocket of my hoodie.

The sliding doors open as soon as I reach them, sending an immediate wave of warmth to me. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and cleaning supplies fills my nose as I walk to the back fridges.

There's so many drink selections to choose from. I just stand and feign to make a decision, knowing that I will get the same thing as I always get when I come.

A few more seconds pass of me standing and staring at a wall full of beverages. A small new warmth envelopes me as the heavenly smell of vanilla and cinnamon fills my nose. I loudly sigh. A soft chuckle sounds from right beside me and I freeze.

I'm not alone.

I turn my head to look at the person and almost feel my jaw drop to the floor.

Not to sound like a hormonal teenage girl or anything, but saying that he was good looking was a huge understatement.
His tan skin glowed even in the dim light of this cold day. His dark brown wavy hair was messy but in such a good way, falling over his amazing turquoise eyes. A bright smile covering his face as his perfect white teeth are on display, his sharp jawline framing his strong features. A wave of familiarity hits me.

I realize that I'm staring so I quickly avert my eyes, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Hey." His deep voice makes my head snap back up to look at him.

"Hi." I shyly greet back.

"Having trouble?" He laughs again.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Choosing a drink." He nods his head to the fridge in front of me and I inwardly face palm.

Am I that obvious?

"Oh...uh...yeah."

"I guess I could say I'm in the same predicament." He smiles down at me, a slight dimple carving into his left cheek.

"Welp, I hope it all works out." I stupidly say before opening the fridge door and grabbing a bottled sweet tea.

'Hope it all works out' ? Could you sound even more idiotic?
Gosh, I just need to get out of here!

I quickly send him a shy smile and walk around him, keeping my head down. I walk to the warm foods and grab me something to eat, hearing footsteps bound closer to me.

I turn back around to go to the candy aisle and stop straight in my tracks, frozen. The really cute guy stands in front of me, another smile on his face.

"Sorry if I seem like I'm following you-" I cut him off.

"You figured it out?" I bite my lip from my embarrassment.

Can I ever shut up?!

"Figured it out?" His eyebrows scrunch together in confusion while looking at me.

I nod to the drink in his hand, it being the same I hold in mine.

"Oh! Yeah, this really cute girl recommend it to me." He smiles.