3

I snap the picture, the sun chose the perfect time to shine. Streaks of light glare in the picture, creating a glowing effect on him.

I smile down at the screen as I admire the beauty of his features.
The faint sound of the school bell rings and I snap my head up to meet his eyes.

"I have to go." I rush out.

I have this thing where I'm scared to be late to classes. Does anyone else have that or is it just me?

I quickly jump out of the car and grab my bags. Blake follows me and takes my bag from my hands. I look at him confused and he just walks while slinging my sports bag over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Walking you to class." He tells me like I'm stupid.

"I can carry my own bag, you know?" I whine, trying to grab it back from him.

"What gentleman would I be if I didn't carry the lady's bag for her?" He holds the bag away from me, smiling down at my pouting face.

"Whatever." I laugh, crossing my arms.

"So, what class do you have?" He asks, following me through the halls.

People give us weird looks. Especially the girls, glaring at me from every part of the hall.

"Robotics."

"Oooh." He playfully draws out, laughing.
"You like building robots?"

"I'm only in it for the engineering program." I tell him, rolling my eyes at his assumption.

"I've never met a girl that likes engineering before." He smirks down at me, raising an amused brow.

"Well, I'm not like most girls." I say quietly, holding the strap of my backpack.

It's true. I'm not like most girls. I don't wear makeup or high heels. I'm not a cheerleader or Volleyball player. I'm a nerd who kicks a muddy ball around a field all day.

"Yeah, you're right." He agrees while staring straight ahead.

"What?" I ask, my smile fading and my feelings deflating.

"You're better than most girls." He winks back at me.

I laugh at him and stop before my classroom door.

"This is it." I tell him.

He hands me my bag and smiles a cute toothy smile.

"Thank you, for walking me to class...and holding my bag." I look down at my feet, feeling my face take on a deep blush.

"It's no problem at all. I'll text you later, Alright?" He takes a step away, hands in his pockets as he smiles at me one more time.

"Okay." I smile back at him, he turns around and walks away.

I walk into the classroom and see my two friends staring at me in awe. Their eyes look between me and the door. I push past them, sighing because I know what's coming.

"Who was that?" Blair asks.

"Why is he going to text you later?" Kyla pipes in.

"That's Blake. What does it matter that he's going to text me?" I throw my bags down and slump in the seat in front of my computer.

"Wait, that was The Blake Daniels? As in the Captain of the football team?" Blair asks, her voice raising an octave with each word as she looms over me in my seat.

"I didn't know he was team captain, but yes."

"How did that happen? He didn't even know you existed. You barely even knew who he was!" Kyla admits painfully.