10

I rush out of the stands, running through the turfed field, frantically searching for one person.

Blake.

He won the game. Well, he helped them win the game.

My eyes drift from each face, people jumping and hugging each other. Congratulating the players.

"Danny!" Marcus runs up to me, a huge smile on his face.

"Hey, Marcus. You did so great!" I chirp to him, smiling as I still search around.

"Thanks..." he notices my attention.
"You looking for Blake?"

I snap my eyes to him, my cheeks flushing a deep red.

"Yeah, I just wanted to congratulate him." It wasn't a complete lie.

I did want to cheer him on for how great he played, but I also wanted to do something else.

My mind keeps flashing images of that inside my head. Images that make my heart flutter and chills run through me.

"Actually, I think he was looking for you."

"Really?" My eyes widen, my heart speeding up in my chest.

"Yeah, he should be somewhere in the middle of all that ruckus." He nods his head to the big crowd of people cheering and shouting out praises.

"Thank you. Uh...Kyla should still be in the stands." I smirk at him, his face turning a bright red as a small smile forms on his face. He looks in the stands, his gaze landing and locking on Kyla.

"Right. Thanks." He almost whispers.

He makes his way to where I just came from. I watch him with a happy smile on my lips. Then, I turn and get back to my objective.

I push through the hoards of people and make it to the center of attention.

Everyone claps Blake on the back, telling him how good he played.
I walk forward, about to just surprise him and throw my arms around him.

Being a few steps from him, I'm beat to it. A small figure jumps on him, their tiny arms wrapping around his neck as their legs coil around his waist.

A cheerleader. And not just any cheerleader, the one who double crossed me and enjoyed the pain in my eyes.

He stills, his straining muscles showing his surprise. He doesn't wrap his arms around her, they stay limp to his sides.

That sets a little flutter inside me as I watch them.

"Oh my God!! You did so good Blake!" She squeals, her body falling from his but her hands still attached to his chest like earlier today.

"Um...thanks Molly." He says, unsure and confused.

The whole time, his back is turned towards me.
She runs her hands up his chest, he doesn't stop her. A pang stings in my chest as my eyes follow her hand. My feet stay glued to where I'm standing, too frozen to move.

Her eyes find mine, a sick smirk covers her face. She slides her hands to his hips and starts to wrap her arms around his waist, still giving me a snide look, an evil glint in her eye.

He stiffens, his hands moving to hers. I turn around, not wanting to see anymore. Tears sting at the back of my eyes, threatening to spill out.

"Danielle?" I hear Blake's voice call from behind me.

I turn around, accidentally sniffing. His eyes search my face, filled with worry. I plaster on a semi-fake smile as he walks towards me.

"Hey, are you alright?" His hand moves to my arm, I flinch back a little bit, laughing. A little hurt flashes is his eyes as I struggle to say anything.