14

The wind got colder when we got to the stadium. The grey clouds following in around the warm sun.

Andrew and I bought food. Now, we're walking to find seats even though we came early.
Passing girls gave him flirtatious look and smiles and gave me stone hard glares.

Gheeze.

He laughs from beside me.
"You're going to have to get used to that. They just can't ignore my beauty." He smirks, winking to another girl.

I snort, rolling eyes.
"Cocky much?"

"Very."

We find spots in the stands, the hard metal of the bleacher seats cold and uncomfortable.
We both eat our food in silence. Andrew hogging his down like a pig.

I swear, boys can eat however they want and never gain any wait.

I eat mine slowly, hands shaking from the cold.

Andrew leans back, his arms slinging out across the bench behind him, his hands gripping the sides for support.
"So...you and Blake?" His smirks, wiggling his brows at me.

"Why does everyone keep assuming that?" I throw my hands up in the air, my heart racing a hundred miles an hour.

"Everyone does?"

"Yes!"

"Well, I was proud because I thought I was the only one who could see it." He pouts, I laugh.

"Well, too bad because you aren't."

"Danielle!" My head snaps in the direction of where my name was was called.
Blake runs to us, his letterman jacket around his shoulders as he stops in front of us. His hair still in it's perfect messy waves.

"Blake bro!" Andrew greets him, smiling at a passing girl.

"Andrew, what's up dude?" Blake smiles.

"Oh you know, just chillin with your girl." He winks at me, I roll my eyes and he laughs.

Blake's intense eyes stare at me, sending shivers throughout my entire body. He smirks.

"Cold?" He start removing his letterman.

I stop him.
"No, it's okay. I'm fine."

He rolls his eyes, still draping the heavy jacket over my shoulders.
"No, you're cold."

"But, aren't you going to be cold?"

"It doesn't matter if I'm cold or not. You're more important." He smiles at me.

"Thank you." I say quietly, a blush creeping to my cheeks.

"Daniels!" Someone yells out to him.

He looks, sighing before emailing at us.

"I've got to go, Coach is starting warm-ups." He looks at me.
"Make sure you're cheering the loudest for me. You're wearing my name, represent it well." With a sly smirk and wink, he's gone. His long strides carrying him down to the field.

"Now I get why I wasn't the only one to see it." Andrew smirks in my direction.
"You seriously can't say that nothing is going on between y'all."

"But, Nothing is going on between us." My voice barely cracks.

"Girl, just give it some time. He's not good at making the first move, but it does make it obvious that he likes you." I look at him.
"Just be yourself and go with the flow. I know I would want my girl to do that." He softly smiles.

"You know, deep down under all of that cockiness and bad boy facade, you're a really great guy." I smile.

"Yeah, that's what my mom tells me." He waves it off.

"No, I'm serious. I think you could really find a good girl if you really tried." He looks at me, hope fills his eyes as he looks around.

"Not here though." We both laugh.

"Thanks, you're pretty cool too Danny." He bumps my shoulder with his.

We both laugh, more girls walking around us and giving him stares. Their beady eyes ready to devour him whole. It was quite uncomfortable, actually.

He doesn't acknowledge them at all. His main focus on the field, the ball flying in the air.

The football boys run round and practice drills and throws. Blake's thick letterman enveloping me in a great warmth that fills my whole body. His amazing scent filling my nose and making me sigh in comfort. Basically melting.

I look back at Andrew. His sharp jaw tightened in thought and focus. His brown eyes shifting around the field. His black curls blowing in the wind.
His thick eyebrows scrunched together.

One thought comes through my mind.

"What?" He doesn't look at me.

"You haven't had a girlfriend before, why?" I stare at the side of his face, watching his jaw tick.

"Why haven't you had a boyfriend?" He spits, eyebrows deeply furrowed.

I flinch back a bit, his harsh tone making the familiar pit form in my stomach.

He looks at me, hurt in my eyes.

"Hey, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine." I actually laugh.
"I shouldn't have asked you that question, obviously it hit a nerve."

I'm laughing.
A laugh full of humor.

Why?
I have no idea.

He looks at me like I'm crazy, a small smirk twitching at his lips.

"Sure." He draws out, turning back to the field.

More and more people fill in the stands. People from our school eyeing the jacket around my shoulders.
Molly, the double crossing cheerleader stares daggers at me, her eyes full of fury as she sees the jacket around me.

"Danny?"

I snap my head over to Andrew.
"Yeah?"

"I haven't had a girlfriend because I'm scared to."

"Scared?"

He nods.
"I've seen what love could do to a person, I just don't want that happening to me."

"You're scared of heartbreak?" I look at him.

"Not only just heartbreak."

"Andrew, you have to experience those things that you're scared of, they help. Our mistakes are what make us better in life."

"Then, why haven't you?" He snaps his head towards me.

"I haven't had the chance for those experiences." I give him a sad smile.

"But, you do now." He looks towards the field, Blake looks up at us.
A smile covers my face.

"I don't know if I really do."

"Trust me, you do."

Blake takes off his helmet, his perfect smile directed towards me. I can see the dimple carving into his cheek, his eyes sparkling in the setting sun light. His hair stuck to his forehead from his helmet sweat.

Do I?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A/N: Okay!! Hey!! Sorry about my late updates and shorter chapters. School is hectic and my teachers give me so much homework every night. I literally feel like I'm in college instead of high school. But, anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry again for it being shorter than the others. Thanks for reading!

      Read. Vote. Comment.

~ Hayleigh💕