16

He pulls away, his forehead resting softly against mine.
I immediately miss his touch, the warmth his body gave to mine.

A big smile covers his face, his cute dimple showing. I mimic the same, my whole body going crazy. Flashes of what just happened swarm through my head, the memory replaying itself over and over. The image of his lips on mine and the feel of him close to me. Everything that happened, everything that we did.

"I could do that all day." He softly laughs, his eyes still closed.

"Why don't you?"

"Because...I wouldn't be able to stop myself." He whispers close to my lips.

"What if I don't want you to?" I smirk, some new confidence gushing out of me.

Never in my life did I imagine myself saying those words. But I never imagined myself ever getting to kiss a boy, but here we are...

His eyes snap open. The green orbs darkening. He swiftly grabs my waist, pushing me lightly against the wall. Then he leans down, giving me a sweet tender kiss. Pulling away a second after. He walks over and sits on my bed, his eyes trained on me with a smile on his face.

I stay glued to the wall, my back still pinned straight. My cheeks flushed as a smile breaks out on my face.

"Thank you." Blake speaks up, his cheeks a light shade of pink as his dimple pops up.

"F-for What?" I asked, baffled.

"For telling me how you feel. If you hadn't, I would have never had the guts to tell you how I feel." He shakes his head.

My heart skips a beat, my palms sweaty.

"R-really?"

I seriously sound so dumb.

"Yeah, believe it or not, I was scared. I never thought that I would've ever told you."

"I was scared. I didn't know what you would say, or if you'd say anything at all."

"Why wouldn't I say anything?" He sits up straighter.

"Because, I thought if I told you, you would be embarrassed or not want to hang out with me any more." I hang my head low, not meeting his eyes.

"Danielle...I..." I hear him get up, his footsteps hesitant.
"Hey."

His calloused hand grabs my chin, lifting it up so my eyes meet his. The green and blue in them sparkling in the dim light of my room.

"I would never be embarrassed of you or ever stop hanging out with you. I don't even think I can stay away from you anymore." He softly laughs.

"Are you sure?" My voice comes out a whisper.

His eyes slowly fall down my face, taking in every inch of my features. A cute smile forms on his face as he just nods.
"I'm sure."

I can't help but feel all giddy inside, the smile I had never seeming to fade away.

"You're so beautiful." He whispers, eyes sparkling as he spoke.

"You too." I blurt out, mentally face palming as I realize what I just said.

Good one Danny.

He laughs, shaking his head before looking back at me.
"You're just so amazing."

"You are too?" It sounds more like a question than it was a statement.

I don't know how to talk to him now. Before, it was easy. Now, after all of my feeling are out and he knows almost everything, it's hard. It feels like the beginning, my words getting jumbled up in the back of my head. None of them having the strength to come out.
It sure doesn't feel like the first time though. All of these new emotions and feelings towards him are stronger. Over the time we've been around each other, I started to feel these things that friends shouldn't feel about one another. I got scared because I felt something and maybe he didn't in return. I was scared that I could confess about how I felt and he wouldn't want to even be friends anymore. Scared that he would see me as everyone else does.

A nobody.

Since he's come into my life, I've always felt like somebody. I've always felt important.

"What are you thinking about?" His face is closer to mine than it was before, a soft look covering it.

"You." I smile.

"All good things I hope." He laughs.

"Things that couldn't be any better." My cheeks start to hurt from how much I've been smiling today, but I like it.

We both just stand there, smiling like idiots and enjoying the comfortable silence. The only sound being the soft whistling of the wind-blown leaves outside.

But, me being me, I always have to ruin the perfect moments.

"What's going to happen now?" My face kind of falls.

"What do you mean?" His does the same.

"Us. What's going to happen?" I subconsciously bite my bottom lip.

He intensely stares at me for a minute, the gears turning in his head.

"I...don't know." He backs away from me, his head lowered to the ground.

"Oh, alright. You don't know what's going to happen next, or..."

"No, I don't know what I want." He sighs.

Okay, now I'm confused.

"What do you mean, what you want?" I asked confused.

"What do you want?" He quickly looks up, stepping towards me.

I don't even have to think before I said anything.

"I want you, Blake."

His eyes search mine, his face blank and unreadable.

"Maybe we should wait it out." He suggests.

"Wait what out?" Rage starts to bubble up inside of me.

What's his problem? Not even ten minutes ago, he was kissing me like his life depended on it. Now, he's talking about waiting it out?
Are you serious?

"Wait this out. I don't want to jump into anything that we may not come back out of together." He looks to the ground.

"If we Wait this out, we won't ever have a chance together. Why not be together and see where it goes from there?" I almost beg, stepping closer to him.

"I'm afraid to." He whispers.

"You're afraid? Of what?"

What would he be afraid of? He's been in multiple relationships that I've seen. And those didn't end horrifically. So, what would he be scared of?

"Of losing you..."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A/N: Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't been updating that often as I used to. I've had a little bit of a writer's block, so it's been hard. Thank you for reading. I hope you like this chapter, it took me a few days to write since I couldn't come up with anything. Just thank you all for reading and all of the votes and comments I've received, it really means a lot to me!

Just thank you so much! And I'm very glad that y'all love the book!

Please keep reading and voting!!

        Read. Vote. Comment.

~ Hayleigh 💕