13

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Danny." Blair pinches the bridge of her nose, sighing out.

"Apparently I don't since I'm asking you." I snap.

We're currently sitting in her car, having what she calls 'Girl Talk'.

"You like Blake."

"N-no...I don't."

"Cut the crap, Danny. You and I both know that's a lie." She shoots at me.

"So what if it is? It's not like he likes me back." I slump further in the leather seat, crossing my arms and staring out the window, rain heavily pouring outside.

I'm officially done with this conversation.

"Are you really that oblivious?!" She throws her arms up, raising her voice.

"What?" I turn towards her, a little bit of anger and curiosity in my tone.

"Clearly, he likes you back. You both literally flirt in every conversation." She rolls her eyes.

"That's not true."

She gives me a pointed look.

"Yes. It. Is."

"Even if it was, we've only known each other for a few weeks."

I really hoped what she was saying is true. I don't want to have false hope, but I really like Blake. We have only known each other for a few weeks, it's embarrassing that I even have these feeling for him. It would be even more embarrassing if he found out and didn't feel the same.

Ever since our deal, I've been happier. He's been with me a lot, and that's why I've developed these feelings that came so quickly that I didn't know how to cope with them. I still don't.

I've only been to one of his games so far, but there's another one tomorrow. And hopefully, a party doesn't follow. I don't think I can handle another experience like that.

Blair looks at me, raising one dainty eyebrow.

"And? Like I've said before, time is only a number that won't matter in the end. It doesn't mean anything. It can pass by painfully slow or it can fly by with a blink of an eye. But, it still won't matter. In the end, the only thing that matters is you and him." Her face is serious, her eyes glossing over as she stares at me.

"Great words of wisdom by Blair Michels." I smile.

She's always had a great mind, her pep talks sounding like a philosopher's speech.

"I try." She laughs, lightening up the mood a little.
"But, seriously, Danny."

"What, B?" I sigh out.

"You need to tell him how you feel before someone else comes and snatches him away."

"I know...I'm just...scared." I whisper the last word.

"There's nothing to be scared about, Danny."

"That's easy for you to say! You're so beautiful, B. And confident, guys practically crawl to you."

She stares at me in silence as I turn back around, away from her.

"Danny." She sighs, putting her hand on my arm.
"I get why you're scared but, you shouldn't be. Blake likes you, I can see it. He isn't going to be straight forward if you aren't willing to be too."

Her words hit me hard.
She's right. He won't admit anything unless I do the same. Why would he reveal his feelings to me if I don't show him that I at least feel the same?