35

Blake's POV:

Ryder and Molly finish talking, their argument over with her having the last word.

So much for that huge ego of his.

I hear footsteps getting closer to where I'm still standing. Heavy steps.

Ryder.

He appears from around the corner, eyes focused on the ground.

Once he's less than arms length away from me, I grab him by the collar of his shirt and slam his body onto the wall of lockers. The loud bang echoes throughout the hallway, Ryder heavily breaths. His eyes frantically searching for someone to help him. Fear stricken, he tries to talk but I beat him to it.

"You're going to hurt Danielle?" I spit out.

"No, Blak-"

"You made her believe that you liked her, then you are just gonna break her heart?"

"What are you talking about?!" He squirms under my hold, trying to act innocent.

"I heard you and Molly. That little plan of yours."

"Despite what you might of heard, I'm not gonna do that. Not to Danny." His voice sounds sincere, too sincere.

"You're lying!" I yell close to his face, subconsciously raising my hand.

He flinches, "NO! I'm-I'm Not!!" he tries to cover his face with his hands, stuttering.

"Danielle means so much to me, and if you so much as say one hurtful word to her, I swear..." I grit my teeth.

"And you don't think she means a lot to me? Listen, I'm sorry for everything. I didn't know how amazing she actually was until I started hanging around her more. At first, the idea of breaking her down sounded fun, now, it just...isn't what she deserves." He sighs.

"She deserves so much more than what she has." I let go of his shirt, his body sliding down to the ground.

"She really does. That's why I'm going to break up with her." He says.

My head snaps in his direction, anger filling me again.

"Did anything that we just said even get to that pea sized brain of yours?" I seethe.

"I'm breaking up with her so she can have someone better, someone who actually loves her." He says so sternly.

"And what's with the insults? I don't have a pea sized brain." He feigns being hurt.

"Shut up." I try not to laugh.

"I wouldn't do anything to hurt Danny."

"You better not. You hurt her and that scholarship will be the least of your worries." I growl out, turning around and beginning to walk away with the last word.

"I can tell you love her." Ryder states.

I stop dead in my tracks, my stomach getting those stupid butterflies again.

My mind flashes images of her smile, only a few words roll off my tongue.

"I do."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Danielle's POV:

"Come on Danny." Blaire whines.

"Yeah Danny, come on." Kyla chimes in.

"What?" I roll my eyes.