21

He watched in disgust as I make my masterpiece. The savory Nutella cascading down the sides like a viscous river. Licking my lips and staring the delicious pancakes down. A steaming hot cup of coffee sat beside the plate.

I must look stupid, spreading the Nutella across the pancakes like a maniac and looking like I'm about to attack them.

"What in the actual hell is that?" I snap my eyes up to see Blake. His focused on my plate, a grossed out expression.

I look at him like he just said that he didn't breath air.
"You've never had Nutella Pancakes before?"

"No, and I'm not planning to." He says, sticking out his tongue.

His eyes meet mine, I smile wickedly before staring to walk over to where he sits at the table.

"Why don't you just try it? Just once." I pleaded, bringing the jar of Nutella closer to his plate.

"No." He grabbed it, scooting it away from my reach.

"Come on, Blake! It's not as bad as you think!" I laugh, leaning over him, not even thinking about what I'm doing.
Before I know it, my face is only centimeters away from his. His hot break fanning my cheek as I turn my face to look at him. The kitchen light enhancing his heavenly features.

"Hi." He whispers, a cute smile on his face as his eyes flicker down to my lips.

"H-he-h-hi, Yeah. Hi." I quickly retract back, scurrying off to my seat.

Blake's burning gaze on me as I silently start to eat my pancakes, frantically trying to avoid his eyes.

But I cant.

I look up, immediately meeting those captivating green orbs.

Damn...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" I asked.

I know it's a lame question, but it means something to me.

I stare up at the sky, the grey clouds blocking the sun completely. The cold air nipping at my nose, a light breeze blowing. The heavy hoodie on me not enough to keep me fully warm.

We both are laying on my trampoline, asking each other questions and falling into nice conversations. His dark hair sticking up in every direction, the t-shirt clinging to his body like a second skin, showing off his tight muscles. The light sky reflects in his eyes, his olive skin glowing.

He turns his head towards me, shrugging.
"I don't really know. What about you? What do you want to be?" He sits up, staring down at me as I still stare up at the sky.

A smile grows on my face, my heart fluttering just thinking about it.

"I want to be an engineer. But not just any engineer. I want to go out to space, literally see the world." I softly laugh.
"I want to be important, help people achieve big things. And where I want to go, I will be able to do that."

"Where do you want to go?" He leans towards me a little, resting his chin on his hand.

"NASA. I want to be the one to make those space shuttles. And when they take off, I'll be able to say "I did that." Or something less, I don't know. It's stupid." I laugh, shaking my head. I sit up, facing Blake.

He shakes his head, staring at me in awe.
"That's not stupid. I think it's amazing how you know exactly what you want to do with your life." He smiles at me, my heart skipping a beat.