38

"Blake..."

He doesn't stop, not even the slightest bit.
His lips fully capture mine, surrounding me with immediate warmth. A tingling sensation spreading all throughout my body. His fingertips burning every inch of skin he touches.

I know this isn't right, it can't be right.

But it feels so good...
Every part of me craves him, it has for a long time.

I finally come to my senses, using all of my strength to push him away.

He loses his balance, gracefully crashing to the ground, shock written all over his face.

"I can't...we can't..." I shake my head, feeling a small pit of guilt form in my stomach.

"Why can't we, Danielle?" He stands up, stepping closer to me.

"Huh?"

"Because..." I keep my eyes trained on the ground.

"Because of Ryder? He shouldn't matter anymore, he wanted to break your heart."

"But he didn't." I mumble out.

A humorless laugh escapes his lips as he looks up towards the sky.

"So that makes it okay?"

"No, it's just that I-"

"You, what Danielle? Feel bad?"

"Maybe?"

"You shouldn't feel bad for something that didn't work out, especially if it wasn't real."

"But that doesn't mean it's right for me to go straight back to someone who never wanted me in the first place." I snap.

Hurt covers his face as it quickly changes to regret.

"Danielle..." He sighs, rubbing a frustrated hand over his face.

"Please just go." My voice shakes out as I turn around and cross my arms.

"Please just let me tell you something first." He sighs.

"Fine." I breath out, turning back to face him.

"You know, I always wished that I could go back to the day we met." He looks down to the ground.

"So you could change your mind and walk away?" I can feel my heart start to slowly break.

"No," He shakes his head, "so I could fall in love with you all over again."

His eyes meet mine as I stand there, frozen in place. My heart beating at an unnatural rate.
Slowly, he starts to inch his way towards me. With each step, getting closer and closer.

I stand still, thinking of what he just said.

I feel his presence in front of me, the warmth radiating from his body enough to heat up my cold skin in this blistering wind.

His hand reaches out to touch me, slowly gaining possession of my hand.

I slowly look up, immediately captivated by those deep pools of turquoise. His touch putting chills down my spine and tingles through my skin.

Then I think again.

Think of a certain decision that I didn't think I would have ever made right now.

As Blake stands in front of me, my hand in his, I grab the collar of his shirt.

Pulling him in and crashing my lips against his.

Sparks burst as soon as the kiss begins.

His body stands stiff in shock until his hands circle my waist and he pulls me closer. My hands snake around the back of his neck, resting in his soft brown hair.

I slowly end the kiss, leaning my forehead against his, a smile gracing my lips.

His hands stay on my hips as I lean back to look at him, his eyes find mine.

A soft smile plays at his full lips, as does mine.

"Wow, you change moods quickly." He laughs.
I nudge him softly as I smile up at him.

"You feel in love with me?" My words come out soft and quiet.

"Yeah." He smiles, "Right when I met you, I felt it. Why do you think I was so insistent on walking you to class." His cute laugh fills the air, pitting butterflies in my stomach.

"I'm so oblivious Blake, I don't even know what's going on half the time."

"And that's what makes you even cuter." He smiles down at me, leaning in to peck me on the cheek.

"Cuter isn't a word." I laugh, but a snort escapes and ruins the whole moment.

Or so I thought.

Blake bursts out laughing. I join him. His laughter dies down, leaving a breathtaking smile on his lips.

"I love everything about you, Danielle."

"I feel the same about you."

I feel my heart flutter at the sight of his perfect smile and bright ocean eyes. That cute little dimple on his cheek.

Maybe my heart never stopped loving him. Maybe it was just waiting for this perfect moment to make me see what I really want.
He's always been the one I want.
It's always been him.

And now that I finally have him, I'm going to make sure that I don't lose him.

That smile, that one stupid smile is what made me fall in the first place. His cute laugh, gorgeous eyes, perfect face, everything.
I fell even harder once I got to know him, and I kept falling harder every time I saw a new side to him.
And I will continue to keep falling for him more and more everyday.

But for right now, it's that smile.

That stupid smile.

      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
     —————————————————
A/N- It's been a while since I've written. Sorry for taking so long. Life has been so busy!! And things have happened, plots have twisted and turned. But everything's good now. Hopefully I'll be able to write more, if I have time. But thank you all for staying with me and being patient for me to update. I appreciate everything. Every read, every vote, every comment. Thank y'all so much!

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, I don't know if this is the end or I'll continue it. It depends on what I can come up with next. Or I'll just start a new book. It's up to y'all.

Thank you all again for reading!!

       Read. Vote. Comment.

~ Hayleigh 💕