23

Blake's POV:

She knows.

I told her.

I told her and she doesn't hate me.
She doesn't see me as a bad person.

I was afraid that she'd think of me differently, that she would not want to even look at me.
But, that didn't happen.

She was so calm and understanding, so sweet and caring.

She's been the only person that I told that didn't see as I did something wrong, that I caused a girl her life.

She removed the blame that I kept putting on myself and helped me see things more clearly.

When I left her house, I thought of everything.

Elaina.
Danielle.
My dad.

Her words somehow gave me confidence, driving my courage to take over my actions.

I drove home, determined to probably ruin my life. Marched right into my dad's office and looked him in the eye.
The look on his face is what else that pushed me to say what I wanted. That look that he always gave me when I was around.

"I'm trying out for baseball." I confidently state, standing straight with my head up high.

"What?" He stopped what he was doing to fully look at me.

"I want to play baseball, so I'm trying out."

"But you don't even like baseball." He countered.

"How do you even know what I like or not? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that I don't."

He sat still, staring through me like he wasn't seeing me at all.
Then, he returns to what he was doing, not even sparing another glance at me.

"You're not playing."

"What?" My blood boils.

"You can't get a scholarship for baseball, Blake. College scouts don't-"

"The hell with college scouts!" I throw my hands up, making my dad actually pay attention to me.
"What if I don't want to go to college for sports, dad? Do you even care what I want to be when I'm older?"

I see the perplexed look on his face, a humorless laugh leaving my lips as I look up to the ceiling and close my eyes. Shaking my head and clenching my fists.

"Why should I even ask. Of course you don't. I'm trying out for baseball and that's that. Sorry for disappointing you."

And with that, I walk out and close the door. Leaving my quiet dad to his own thoughts as I feel some sort of accomplishment. A small laugh bubbles in my chest.

I did it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                Danielle's POV:

The goal kept getting bigger and bigger as I sprinted down the field. The goalie in her stance with arms out on either of her sides.
I dribble the ball, going around the defense like water through rocks.
I stop a few feet from the goal, quickly slinging my leg back and getting ready to kick the ball into the net. My foot starts swinging forward, almost coming in contact with the ball until...

"Danielle!!" A deep voice calls.

I snap my head in the direction of where my name was called, not paying attention to the game. 
Blake eagerly waves at me from the track around the field, a childish smile on his face.
I smile for a split second, suddenly being slammed to the ground. Every part of my body aching.