34

"Danielle..."
I feel my body being shook.
"Danielle..."
That voice says my voice again.

It sounds familiar.

"Danielle!"
They yell, and this time, I open my eyes.

Green eyes bore into mine as his hands grip my shoulders.

"Blake?" My voice comes out raspy as I fully sit up.

I only focus on him, the corner of his lips upturn into a slight smile.
Butterflies flutter in my stomach, my breath hitches in my throat.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" His eyes fill with worry.

I look around, people frantically run around, pushing and shiver their way through the doors and windows of the room.

"Where's Ryder?" I don't see him anywhere.

Blake's face contorts into anger and hatred.

"He left you here, Danielle."

"Oh, okay." I softly say, feeling my eyelids get heavy and my body get heavier.
I start to fall over.

"Woah there." Blake says, his hands catching me before I fully drop.
"I got you." He whispers into my ear.
His deep voice luring me into darkness.

I jolt awake. The sight of an strikingly familiar room confusing me.

Is this...Blake's room?
But, how did I get here?

I swing my legs out from under the covers, lightly landing the heels of my feet on the cold wood floor.
My bare legs and arms uncovered because of the sundress I was wearing to the party.

I slowly creep to the door, shivering as the cold air from the open door flows passed me. With my hand on the handle, I fully open the door. The wood floors creaking as I take one step out of the room.

I see something jump up out of the corner of my eye. I turn to look at the commotion. Blake stares back at me, eyes wide in what looks like fear, sitting in a chair.

"Danielle." He sits up straight.

"Blake." I warily look at him.
"What am I doing here?"

"You were asleep, so I brought you here." He states, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"And I knew that you didn't want your mom to see you shit faced, so I did you a favor."

"You didn't get my permission, Blake." I sigh out loud.

What will Ryder think of this?

"Well, I wasn't going to leave you at that party." He runs a frustrated hand over his face.

"Ryder could have taken me home. You're not my boyfriend, Blake!" I start to raise my voice.

"Well, he left you there, Danielle!" He snaps, rising to his feet and stepping toward me. He scoffs.
"Some boyfriend he is."

"What do you mean, 'he left me there' ?"

"Ryder left you at the party. You were crashed out on the couch. As soon as the cops showed up, he bailed." Blake steps closer, his eyes deeply boring into mine.

"W-What?" I stutter, trying to get further away.

"Oh? Didn't believe mister perfect would ever do that, huh? I thought a smart girl like you would've seen through his little facade." He humorlessly laughs, glaring after the last word.

"Why are you being such an asshole?"

He steps closer, my back hits a wall. Both of his arms block each side of escape. His face drops down, closer to mine.
His hot breath fanning my face.