24

I told my mom that I had a slight concussion and the trainer wouldn't let me go home for awhile.

It wasn't a complete lie, just not the complete truth.

Blake took me back to that diner down town. He made me chug a milkshake and down a huge burger because he said that eating food abnormally fast would cure a concussion.

Of course I didn't fall for it. But his peer pressure was real.

We stayed out late, which now we're trying to sneak into my house.

I rest in his arms, him carrying me bridal style. I give him the keys to unlock the door, then we walk in.
Or attempt to...

One step through the door, my head slams right into the frame.

"Ow...gosh damnit Blake!" I whisper yell.

"Oops. Sorry, Danielle." He grimaces as he looks towards the spot where there should be a lump growing.

He nicely walks me inside and tiptoes to my room. When he tries to open the door, it creaks. Loudly. We both hold our breaths, biting our tongues to stop ourselves from screaming.

Every step we took felt like earthquakes. Every breath, hurricanes. It seemed like we've been walking for hours when it's only been a few short minutes.

We're not good at this 'sneaking in the house' thing.

We finally make it safe inside my room and close the door. He sets me softly on my bed, we both look at each other. We both burst out into a fit of quiet laughs.

"I've never snuck into my house before." I whisper to him as he sits beside me.

"I have, but not a girls house." He winks at me.

I playfully shove him while laughing.
"You're an idiot." I roll my eyes.

"Yet, you still hang out with this idiot."

"Only because I was forced to." I roll my eyes.

Of course, I hang out with him regardless of what he's like.
I really like him.

"Awe. You know deep down inside that you love being with all this." He gestures to his whole body with his hand, a sly smirk on his face.

I gag, feigning to be disgusted. His playfully hurt expression makes me accidentally burst out into a crazy fit of loud laughter, so much to the point that my stomach hurts.

The time during laughing, we hear footsteps creak on the wood floor outside my door.

"Hide!" I whisper yell to him, my eyes wide with fear. His mimic the same.

"Where?" He frantically searches around as my door knob starts to slowly turn.

We both quickly jump up. I push him into my closet just when my bedroom door opens.
My mom stands in the door way rubbing her eyes, a deep frown etched on her face.

"When did you get home?" She yawns, squinting her tired eyes at me.

"Umm...a few hours ago. You were...asleep!" I rush out as the lies come to me.

"Why are you yelling?" She closes her eyes.

"I just...uh...it's my concussion. You know, my senses are all messed up." I nervously laugh.

"Oka-y." She draws out.
"Make sure you keep it down. Don't stay up much longer."

"Yes ma'am." I nod.

She looks towards my closet. My heart starts to pound in my chest. I'm surprised that she can't hear it.
She squints her eyes at the unusually closed door, taking a step closer to it.