27

"What happened?"

"Can I just tell you later?" I groan.

Sherry, one of my friends from soccer, looks at me dead in the eye. A single brow lifted up. Then, she raised a perfectly manicured finger at me.
"You better tell me everything! And don't you think about forgetting!"

She stares at me as she walks backwards, turning around and fully walking away.

I sigh out just as my name's called.

"Danny!"

I turn my head towards the voice, seeing Ryder leaning up against his car.

I mentally roll my eyes and smile at the same time.

I'm still very much annoyed by him, but what he did was sweet.

I walk over to him, seeing that stupid smirk play at his lips. The same smirk that Blake had that used to drive me crazy.

"You're pretty good out there." He sheepishly smiles.

"Thanks...what are you doing here?" I look around.

Most of the girls have already left, leaving only him and I.

"I came to give you a ride home." He stands up straight, running his hand along the side of his sleek car.

"Well, my mom is coming to pick me up." I step back.

"How long is she going to take though?" He lifts an eyebrow, shoving his hands in his pockets.

I think for a minuet, realizing that he's right.
She does take awhile to pick me up since she's at work.

I'll give her a break.

"Fine." I sigh out, looking up at him. His stupid smile making me roll my eyes.

He runs over to the passenger side, opening the door for me to get in.

"M'lady." He waves for me to go inside.

I take my time, walking to where he's at and slowly getting in.

"Thank you." He closes the door and jogs over to the drivers side, effortlessly slipping in and turning on the car.

"Ice cream?!" He yells as he speeds out of the parking lot and away from the school.

"You said you were taking me home."

"I still am taking you home, eventually." I look at him, the side of his lips upturning into a mischievous smirk.

I sink into the comfortable leather seats, my head swarming with all possible thoughts that I wish to ignore.

Everything in my head all at once. Never letting me forget.

But how can I forget something that happened only a few short hours ago?

And how can I forget someone that meant so much to me that long ago?

"Do you wanna talk about it." Ryder's voice pierces through my thoughts.

I only stay quiet.

And he noticed, but doesn't bother me any further.

We keep driving until he pulls into the ice cream parlor, turning off the car and stepping out. I put my hand on the door handle, but before I could even pull it, he opens the door for me.

"T-thank you." I keep my head down and shy away.

I walk away, until he catches me. Pulling me back to him softly with his hand on my arm. Lowering his lips to my ear, his warm breath making me shiver.
"I don't know what's bothering you, but just let me make it better. And don't say that I can't, that'll only make me want to do it more."