26

The tears continuously fall down my cheeks as I keep running with my hands over my eyes.
The pain in my heart enough to make me run miles just to get as far away from here as possible.

I suddenly hit a hard wall and almost topple over, until the wall steadies me with its arms.

Wait. Arms?

I drop my hands and open my eyes, staring up a a smirking Ryder.
Then, I immediately regret not looking where I was going.
I'm not in the mood to deal with his crap right now.

That sly smirk still plays on his lips, then he gets a good look at my face. That smirk instantly fades away, worry filling his expression.

"Are you crying?" He keeps his hands on my arms.

"No." I look away from him.

He softly grabs my chin and moves my face so he can look me in the eyes.

"Yes, you are, Danny." He inspects my face, tilting it in all directions to get a better look.
"What's wrong?"

I yank my face from his hold, crossing my arms.
"Nothing."

"There's something wrong."

"I'm fine." I try to sound unbothered but my voice chooses that time to squeak.

"Danny, if there's something-"

"I said I'm fine!" I accidentally snap at him.

His eyes widen as I regret my sudden outburst.
"I-I'm sorry." I look down, shaking my head.

"Hey, it's okay. You just need something to eat. Whatever it is that's bothering you will go away, I promise." He smiles at me, the lost comforting smile I've ever seen him give.

"I don't think so." I rub my arms, staring down at me shoes.

I don't think anything can make this go away.

He crouched lower to meet my eyes, tilting his head.

"Come on, I'll take you somewhere."

"My friends must be waiting for me-"

"Everyone is already out for lunch, Danny. I don't know your friends but I do know that they didn't wait for you."

"But, they could have." I sadly tell him.

He stays quiet as I pull out my phone and text my friends in our group chat.

I wait a few minutes until I hear my phone chime.

> Sorry, D. Me and Ky went with Marcus. Figured you went with Blake.

Blake.

"They left, didn't they?" Ryder's voice softly hums from behind me.

I nod my head.

"Will you please come with me then? I don't want you to be alone."

I sigh out.
"Fine."

"Are you sure? I don't want to make you do something if you don't want to." He kindly states.

"It's fine. I just want to be anywhere but here."

"Okay, lets go." He slides his hand around my hips, leading me forward by the small of my back.

We walk to the front doors of the school, opening the double doors to go through. But, before I did, I looked back.

For a spilt second I see Blake, his beautiful turquoise eyes darkened and his smooth face in a deep frown.