37

Blake's POV:

What have I done?

I pace around my room, hands tugging at my hair.

I didn't think that she'd get so upset.
I thought that she would just see me in the hall and run right to me for comfort.

Man was I stupid.

I try to think of what to do to make her come back to me.

But, her words keep replaying in my head.

"Congratulations! You didn't win the girl..."

Maybe, after that, I should leave her alone. Give her some space and time to get over what happened.

I sit down on my bed, my breathing erratic as my racing thoughts cloud my mind.

My fingers tap on my thigh, my knee bouncing up and down. The other hand up to my face as I subconsciously bite on my finger nails, racking my brain for any idea of what to do.

Suddenly, I stop everything. Tapping, nail biting, breathing, everything.

I shoot up from my seat on the bed and rush to grab my car keys. I run down stairs and out of the front door, not even bothering to close it.

I have an idea.

This better work. If it doesn't...I might not get her back.

Danielle's POV:

I can't believe that after all this time, I thought everything was fine. I thought that life was finally putting itself back together.

But, no.
It all shattered into a million pieces and made all the wounds deeper.

One of the worst things is, my best friends are hanging out with the guy that broke me.
I'm not mad at them, but more mad at him.

Who does he think he is? Did he not know that I liked him so much?
I literally gave him my heart and he pushed it away because he "wasn't ready". But, as soon as I find someone, Ryder, he wants to ruin it.

The next time I see that son of a b-

There's tapping on my window. The kind of tapping that would frighten any person, the consistent sound of pelting glass. As it got louder and louder, I finally went to open the curtains.

Speak of the devil.

Blake stands in my front yard, small rocks in hand and a apologetic look on his face. He waves his hand, motioning for me to go outside.

I whip around, stomping my way to the front of the house and then stopping right at the door.
With my hand on the door knob, a fire fuels through me. Thoughts replay in my mind of today's events.
Then I swing the door open, fuming as I meet him where he stands.

"Do you not get the hint or what?" I throw my hands up in the air.

He just stares at me. An expressionless look on his face.

"I don't want to see you right now, let alone be near you! So, please, just go home." I try to turn away, but before I do, he grabs my hand.

I turn and look at him, about to yank my hand away. He pulls me to him, my face hitting his chest as his arms lock around me. His ocean eyes staring down at me as I struggle to get lose from his hold.

"Let me go." I fight more.

"Danielle..." his husky voice whispers.
"Please, Stop."

His face inches closer to mine, my body relaxing in his arms. My heart speeds up, his eyes bore deeper into mine. Those deep pools of turquoise, the little specks of green and blue shining in the sun light. His defined jaw line and high cheek bones. The way his hair waves just right.