Ch 7: Message received

Victors point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir, there's someone in your office" my secretary commented as I exited the conference room. "Did you get a name?" I asked as we walked down the hallway. "No sir, he said it was important though". I thanked her and headed into my office.

"What are you doing here Carter?" I asked as I moved to sit in my seat. "We got a package back at home". "And?" I asked. "I think you should see it," he said and handed me a memory card. I placed it into my computer and watched as a video popped up.

"What?" I watch as Maxwell asks. His face is one of shock. He's tied up in a chair, it looks like he's in a cage. I watch as a woman appears to walk to him and then I take a good look at who it is. My sister.  She places a syringe next to his neck and speaks. "This is a sort of drug. I inject you with it and soon you'll blab on about my brother's dirty plans".

I look at the video and turn away a few times before it ends. An hour of torture. "Did they leave the body?" I ask Carter. He shakes his head. "What do you want us to do?" He asked. "I'll take care of this, I want you to travel in pairs of twos from now on" I order and watch him leave.

I stand up and slam my fist down on my desk. She killed my underboss. And for what? Just because of a dumb deal. I sit back down and call someone I never wanted to have ties with. On the second ring, he picks up. "May I help?" He asks. "Hugo, how are you?" I ask as I roll my eyes.

"Ah, Victor" he exclaims. "It seems to me that I should be asking that," he says. "I need to ask for a favor," I say. "What will I get in return?" He asks. "We both get to knock down a pesky fly," I tell him. "Are you talking about the Russians?" He asks. I have to admit my sister's done a pretty good job to keep her identity a secret from everybody who doesn't deal with her.

"Yes I'm talking about them," I say and open up my other phone to look at a shipment Logan had told me about. I was pretty sure he was dead by now. Venice knew not to trust men, the only thing logan could tell me about her deals was a small amount.

"They're having a shipment sent to France next week" I explain to him. "If you know about it, why don't you do it?" He asks. Of course, he would ask that, he's not dumb. "I have other things to worry about," I tell him. "Oh yes, I heard you're flying up to Canada," he says.

I ignore his comment and ask him if he'll do it. "Of course I will". "Good, until next time," I tell him and end the call. I stand up after that and head out of my office and to the elevator. I descend down and step out and head out of the building. I walk over to my car and drive off into the direction of my uncle's house.

I park and head to the door. I enter the house and head to my uncle's office where I know he's in. "You will not believe what she did this time" I huff out as I hand my uncle the memory card. He puts it into his computer and I watch his expression as the clip goes on.

"Have You told your mother yet?" Uncle asked once the video was over. "No". "Good". "I called Hugo to ask for a favor," I told him. "You dumb boy" my uncle hissed as he stood up. "Haven't I taught you to not mess with the Mexican Mafia?" He asked. "I didn't see what else to do," I said.

"What would your sister do?" He asked me. I scrunched my face up and saw my uncle groan. "Son, I'm sorry. Your sister just has mafia blood in her veins. She has duende for this lifestyle" he exclaimed to which I looked away. "Your a good Boss, your respected," he told me.

"Yes, but she is feared. She's been in charge of the mafia since she was 18. Five years now and look where shes at. Its been a year since she officially became boss, and her men follow her blindly because of who she is" I spat out. "Logan didn't" my uncle pointed out.

"He was still afraid. He agreed but he was still afraid. Her group has doubled since she took over. We're close to being knocked down" I whisper. "No wonder dad decided to teach her and not me," I said and looked at my uncle. There was pity and sadness in his eyes. "Your father loves both of you".

"Does he?" I yelled. My uncle looked away and sat back down. "What did Hugo say?" He asked. "He said he would take care of it," I told him. "Did you mention Your sister's name?" He asked. "No. You know I wouldn't. Aside from us, and her trusted associates no one knows who runs the Russian- American mafia" I tell him.

"I know war will break loose, but you can't forget she's your sister" my uncle pleaded. "She makes me forget sometimes," I tell him to which he nods. "I'm proud of you," my uncle says. I smile at that and thank him. "We'll see how things go next week," I tell him and leave.