Ch. 29 : Family Invitation

We had finished our business meeting and made our way to my office. I sat in my seat and we waited for Ashley to finish passing the coffee to talk. Ashley left and then my father stood up. "Why?" He asked. "That's not important" I said. "I was in malta the other day" I started.

"I talked with Russ Nitori" I said. Alexei stood up. "What did he say?" Alexei asked. "We might get together and talk about a business deal" I said. Both my father and Alexei smiled. "I want to invite you to a family gathering" my uncle Alessandro said.

I looked at him. "Your cousin is coming home tomorrow" Arabella said. "Did she finish enjoying your money without working?" I asked and heard my brother snicker. "She was on a runway show" my mother said. "Yeah, and I have been closing million dollar deals since the age of 19" I said.

"Naomi". I looked at my father and watched him shake his head. "Will you be there?" I asked and looked at my uncle Alexei. "Planning on it" he said. "Is Bruno arriving tomorrow as well?" I asked. He nodded. "So you like Bruno but not Teresa" Victor said.

"What does Bruno work in?" I asked. Victor stayed silent. "I need to talk to him about business" I said. "I'll tell your cousin your going" Alexei said and smiled. "Okay". We were all silent. "Who else is going?" I asked. "I invited my men" my father said.

"Is ugo coming?" I asked and he nodded and I laughed. "I'll call Zander to tell him" I said and watched my father smile. His blue eyes twinkling with amusement. "I haven't heard you laugh in a while" my father said and I smiled at him. "Faraday is going as well, right". My father nodded.

"I can't wait to see Sergei" I said. My father chuckled. I looked at my brother who seemed confused. "Why are you so happy?" My brother asked. "They're my brothers" I said. He scrunched his eyebrows up. Memories of my teen years crashed upon me and I smiled. "I trained with them and grew up with them" I said and remembered times with them three.

"We all went our ways though. Some of us. Sergei owns a chain of hotels. Zander is obviously my under boss, and Bruno runs his own businesses" I said. " You grew up with Alessandro's men's children" I said.

Victor looked at me and then looked at his uncle. "I spent time training" he said. The room was silent once more. "Well we should go" Alessandro said and he stood up with Victor and Arabella. They left and I was left with my uncle and father.

"What are you planning?" My father asked and walked over to me and sat in front of my desk. My uncle did the same and sat next to my father. My mother was seated in the sofa near the door. "I signed the deal with Russia" I said and smiled.

"I already got Oliver to ship the material to Russia" I said. "I'll be in Moscow in a few days to sell them my blue print" I said. "What's the deal?" My father asked. "2.3 billion" I said. "I'll pass the money through one of my deals I recently signed" I said.

"That a girl" my uncle said and we high-fived. I smiled at the men in front of me. "I have to go" Alexei said and stood up. I stood up as well and hugged him. "Tell Bruno to smile" I told him and he nodded. "He'll have a reply tomorrow" he said and I watched him leave.

"Why did he hit you?" My father asked once we were alone. "I had relations with Russ" I said honestly. "Why would you do that?" My father asked and stood up. He paced around the room and I watched him run his hands through his hair.

"It just happened" I said. "Did it?" He asked. I looked away. "I did it for business". We stared at each other and I noticed his face turn into one of understatement. He looked over at my mother and then back at me. "I'll see you tomorrow" he said in a soft voice and then walked over to my mother.

Dakota looked at me and I looked away. They walked out of my office and I stood up and made my way out of my office. "Mrs. You have a call" Ashley said as I passed her table. "Who is it?" I asked. "Mr. Nitori" she said. She handed me her phone and I waited.

"Hello Venice" he said. I smiled at his voice. "Hello to you too" I said and heard him chuckle. "Are You still up for that meeting?" He asked. "Yeah" I said. "I'll be free next week, if your open as well". I looked at the floor and thought about it. "I'll have my assistant email you" I said. "Okay" he said. "Okay".

I was silent for a bit. "Thank You" he said. I smiled at that. "For?" I asked. Just as he was about to reply, the phone was ripped out of my hand and slammed down into its place. I looked up and saw a pair of green eyes filled with rage.

"Hello wife" he said. He took hold of my wrist tightly and pulled me towards him harshly. He lifted my chin up forcefully and kissed me. I waited. He bit my lip and caused me to open up from the sudden pain. He slid his tongue in and felt every inch of my mouth.

He finally pulled away and we starred at each other. "You ready to go to lunch?" He asked. I didn't respond. "I asked you a question" he said bitterly. I didn't speak. He turned around and pulled me behind him. We walked to the elevator and we got in.

We waited for the elevator to go down and once it did it opened. He wrapped his arm around my waist and took a harsh grip on my side. I hissed in pain and we both walked out of the elevator. I felt my employees eyes on me and knew exactly what they were thinking. I was weak.

Here I was walking with my husband, who obviously was the man who had left the mark on my left cheek. I was once known as the women who didn't take shit from anyone, now look at me. We walked out of the building and made our way to his black Maserati.

He pushed me in and I buckled up. He walked around the car and got in. I watched him turn the car on and drive off. He didn't have his seatbelt on. His music was on and I looked out the window to see where we were going. His car sped up and then we were out the city. I honestly didn't care anymore.

I turned the music up and sang along with it. "Why you still breathing" I sang and looked at him. He clench his jaw and pulled over to the side. He stopped his car and touched my cheek. "I'm sorry" he said. "Are You?" I asked. "You don't understand the madness I was going through. Just imagining him touching you" he said.

"So that gave you the right to hit me, to rape me, to humiliate me in front of my employees" I said my voice raising in tone. I looked at him and watched him take in the tears the were spilling down my cheeks. He reached to touch them but I swatted his hand away.

"My parents invited us to a family meeting tomorrow" I said and looked away. "My childhood friends will be there, my cousins" I said. "Just in case you want to hit me again because I'm smiling at something they said" I hissed. "Naomi". I looked at him with hate. "You can call me Venice".

He looked away and drove back into the highway. I only let people I liked call me Naomi, or business partners. Anybody else could call me Venice. We drove back into the city and headed to my home. He parked in the garage and we got out of the car and made our way to the elevator.

He put the pin in and we waited for the elevator to go up. It stopped and the doors opened. We walked into my pent. "I'll cook us something" he said. "I'm not hungry" I said and walked away from him and made my way to the stairs. I walked up them and made my way to my room. I took my clothes off and got in the bed and fell asleep.