Ch. 38 : Divorve Denial

Its been exactly almost two weeks since I signed the divorce papers and Hugo still hadn't come back to the US. I sat in my office trying to read through the sales report. Zander has gone MIA and I was trying not to lose my mind.

What is going on in my life? I closed my eyes and slammed my hands on my glass desk and then stood up. I made my way to the front of my office and stepped out of my office. I was frustrated and annoyed. "Is there anything I can do for you miss?" My secretary asked and I shook my head at that.

"I'm going on a quick coffee break" I told her and made my way to the elevator. I pressed the lobby button and waited for the elevator doors to open. After what seemed like for ever the doors opened and there stood Hugo in a grey Armani suit. "Mind telling me what this is?" He asked as he held up a folder and handed me some coffee.

I turned around on my heel and walked straight to my office. I made my way to my seat and sat down. "Well im sure you read the papers" I told him. "Divorce? Really?" He asked. I looked at him without amuse. "Why?" He asked. "I don't need you anymore" I replied. "So the 'I love you' was just bullshit?" He asked. I flinched internally and felt my heart tighten with emotion.

"There's no love in this line of business" I told him without emotion. He slammed the folder down on the glass table. I looked at his hand then back at his face without amusement "I'm not signing the divorce papers any time soon Wife. Over My dead body will we be separated". He stood  straight and fixed his suit.

We starred at each other for a few seconds before he turned around and left my office. I let my breath out and stood up. Of course he had to make things harder.

I took hold of the folder in front of me and opened it. There on the paper was my signature but not his. I closed the folder and placed it on the table and stood up. Once again I made my way out of my office and told my secretary to cancel all my remaining meetings. I waited for the elevator and once the doors opened I stepped in and clicked the lobby button.

After a few minutes the doors of the elevator finally opened and I stepped out and made my way out of the building. I walked to my car, got in and drove away. My phone ringed and I picked up. "Ridalfo". "Are you on your way?" My uncle asked. "I'll be there in less then 1 hour" I replied and hung up.

I was on my way to Alessandros house to get news on recent sales. I finally arrived at his house and parked and got out. I was met outside with Carlos, a man I had met a week ago who I had assigned as my second in command for la cosa Nostra. "Your brother is here" he said as we walked up the steps. "Has he said anything about what occured to him?" I asked.

"No, he's still suffering from memory loss" he replied. Victor had apparently lost some of his memory right after his little shock at the hospital. To the point where he had forgotten he ran a Mafia. "Has he gotten any better?" I asked as we entered the house. "Honestly?" He asked. I glanced at him as we walked up the stairs. "Not really" he said.

"So why is he here?" I asked as we walked down the hallway. "Well your uncle thought it was best. Maybe this house could trigger his memories". We entered the office and there in the room was my family. "What's going on here?" I asked as I walked over to my seat. "We need to talk about the families" my father said.

"What about them?" I asked. "They need to unite" my mother said. I looked at her. She looked tired, I'd never seen her like that. "And why?" I asked. "Your brother kept mumbling in his sleep". I raised an eyebrow at that, what did it have to do with uniting both families. "He kept repeating 'he's coming. Warn veni'" my mom said. I looked at all of them.

"My brother is delusional and has amnesia" I said annoyed. "Nao you were threatened a month ago" Bruno argued. "You were what?" My father asked. I glared at my cousin. "You didn't tell them?" Sergei asked. "I didn't see why". "Nao was threatened by Mikel. The leader of the Columbian cartel" Bruno explained. "In her own fucking office" Sergei hissed.

"I have it handled" I said as I leaned back in my seat. "His threat is why you should join them together. La Cosa Nostra and The Bratva together not only would be the strongest Mafia, but it would be easier for you to run" my father said and uncle agreed. "The reason why I haven't joined them is precisely because of a few threats" I whispered.

"Mikel feels threatened already" I said and rubbed my temples. "He thinks that if me and Hugo had a kid it would be a menace because of the power they could hold. Just imagine if he or other cartels or Mafias found out that la Cosa Nostra and the Bratva were joining".

They were silent. "That's another reason why I haven't cut ties with the Japanese" I said. "I know once all this blows, shits just gonna hit us back. I can't have my men die". They were silent. "I don't know when but I already know I'm going to have to make some tough decision" I said. I stood up and felt their eyes on me. "Part of those decisions involve getting divorced".

"Part of them involve having you guys go to Russia or Italy for protection". "We're not leaving you" my cousin yelled. I starred at him. "I didn't ask you to. Im ordering you as your boss" I told him. "I'm ordering all of you to leave to a safe house by the end of the week. Im ordering you personally before I have you transported forcefully" I said sternly.

My father and uncle lowered their head. Probably to stop their self's from barking back at me. They weren't used to taking orders. "You can't do this alone" my mother whispered. I looked at her and saw a emotion I had not seen in her eyes before. The sign of unshed tears  seemed to adorn her green eyes. "You need to tend to your son" I said and looked away from her face.

"I have contacted Zander" I lied. "And I will contact my allies just in case" I told them. They all seemed to be thinking silently. None of us spoke. I was somewhat panicking. I didn't have anything under control.

I practically lied through half of the things I had just told my family, to not worry them. Zander was no where near caught up with what was going on. I hadn't called my associates, and I had ended my partnership with the Japanese a week ago. What was I going to do?