Ch. 14 : Parents visit

My alarm went off, and I sat up in bed and winced from my back pain. I picked my phone up and turned the alarm off and decided to get out of bed. I need to work. I headed towards my closet and decided to dress in a black sweater and black skirt.

Doesn't really go along, but at the moment I couldn't dream off dressing in tight outfits. I walked out of the room once I was done and made my way out my room, and into my office. Coffee was already set on my desk. That means Ashley's already here.

I smiled internally at that and sat down in my seat. I drank my coffee and once I was done I got to work. I never really enjoyed the idea of having beverages or food near my work. Accidents happen. It was 10 already. I looked at the mess on my desk and sighed.

Balls of paper were all over the floor. I stood up from my seat, getting ready to pick up the balled up papers when my door flew open.

I winced as I felt arms around me. "What happened? Are you alright? We heard an explosion occurred in Spain" my father babbled on.

I waited for him to stop and moved to my seat. Id pick the mess up later. "I'm fine" I told him. "Yes, there was an explosion. Luckily I made it out Vincent". "Something happened" my mother's voice traveled through the room.

I looked her way and then back at my father. "I closed the deal with the Spanish. I suppose one of their business partners got whiff of that" I said calmly. "Honey, I think I should take over for a bit" my father whispers.

I raise my eyebrow at that and laugh. He has a serious look on his face, causing me to frown. "Your being serious?" I ask. "Yes, your putting yourself in danger" my father says.

"I've built this empire. This is my business. Im not going to step down just because a few threats come my way" I say sternly.

"You could have died" my father yells. I watch him stand up and pace around the room. "But I didn't. Not back then, not now, not ever" I hiss. I stare at my mom and watch as she looks away.

My door opens again and I watch as Ashley runs to the tv I have in my office and turns it on. "The FBI is investigating the bomb accident in spain at the moment. As you can see behind me, nearly the whole Finca Cortesin was blown up. We'll be back after the break".

I look at my father then at Ashley. "Call laura" I order Ashley and watch her run out of my office. "What do you plan on doing?" My father asks. "I'm finding out who's behind this, but first I need to talk to laura about this whole mess and then I'm flying to Japan".

"Venice-". I stop my father and shake my head. "No. They think they can attempt agents me like I'm nothing. Not again. I'm putting up a fight this time" I yell at him. "Go pay attention to your son, I can handle on my own" I tell them and go to my room.

I head to my closet and start to pack for Japan. After I'm done I head back out and stare at my family. My brother rushes to me and turns me around.

I flinch as my sweater is pulled up and I hear some gasps. I assume their my mother's. "Why?" My brother asks.

"I-" I close my mouth and pull my shirt down and stare at him. "Why can't you trust me?" Victor asks. There's a knock on the door and soon later laura comes in.

"What happened?" Laura asked. Laura is my lawyer, she knows to some extent my business, but not completely.

"I assume you got background on the incident" I tell her. She nods. "I need you to search for loop holes, close them up. Creat loopholes to my advantage. The usual" I tell her.

"Yes, I'm fine" I assure her once she looks at me with concern. "You should call Adira". I shake my head at that.

"You know I can't" I whisper in her ear once im next to her. She looks at my parents then at me. She nods and sits down in my seat. I watch her pull her laptop out of her brief case and get to work. My parents look at me confused as well as my brother.

They don't know I have deals with the addington family. "I'll be leaving now" I tell them and grab my suitcase and move out of the room.

I say bye to Ashley and head towards the elevator. It opens and I step in. I keep replaying the incident that happened a few minuets ago and sigh.

The doors open and I step out. I say bye to the receptionist and head out the building. I wasn't going to take my car today.

I wasn't really going to Japan. At Least not yet, I needed a break, I needed to lay low for a bit. I waved down a taxi and got in.

"Where to?" I driver asked. I gave him the address and watched as we headed into the highway. After 10 minuets we finally arrived.

I stepped out after paying him and headed in. "Hello, how may I help you?" The receptionist asked. "I'm here to see Adira Addington".

"May I see an id?" She asked. I looked through my bag until I found my passport and handed it to her. She looked through a list and nodded.

She handed me my passport back and I headed to the elevator. I stepped in once it opened and clicked the pent house button.

Seconds passed and then I was there. The doors opened and I stepped in. "Laura?" Adiras voice rang throughout the pent.

I heard her foot steps and soon she came into my view. I starred at her in shock as I ran my eyes up and down her body.

She was wearing a grey shirt and leggings with fluffy sock on. Her hair was up in a bun a small look of shock was on her face. "Your pregnant?" I asked.

She nodded slowly and instantly placed her hands on her small swollen tummy and rubbed it. "Do your parents know?" I asked.

She shook her head. "How long are you?" I asked as I walked towards her. "3 months" she whispered. "Father?". "I- I don't know" she sobbed and lunged at me.

I hugged her and we walked towards the living room. "Laura invited me to a club, things happened and then the morning after I got up, left cash on his night stand and bolted".

"You- cash?" I asked. She nodded and I burst out laughing. "Adira why?" I asked her. "I panicked" she whispered. "Its ok".

"I'll still be able to do your project" she rushed out. "Adira, I know you can. That's Not why im here though" I told her already knowing what she was thinking.

"I just came to spend sometime with my friend". "Really?" She asked. I nodded. "I need some time off" I told her honestly. "I also need to talk to your dad". She looked at me confused and got up.

"Why?" She asked. "Its just some business problem" I told her. "Well he's out of the country right now. But mom is still in the states". She said.

I thanked her and she smiled. She walked over to her tv and turned it on and placed a movie in. She wobbled over to the couch and sat down. She cris crossed her legs and placed her arms proactively agents her stomach.

I looked at her and then where her unborn child was. I knew I would have to pull apart from her sooner or later for her safety.