Ch. 9 : Ships

"Would you excuse me" I tell the people around the conference table and move out of the room. "Hello," I say as I answer Weston's call. "I need a new shipment". "Its been a week," I tell him bored. "It's done. People keep asking for it" he tells me. I smile at that and roll my eyes.

"My dear Weston, now you see why I asked for so much at the beginning?" I asked. "Yes, I do". "Don't worry I'll tell my men to wrap up another batch" I tell him and hang up. I head back into the conference meeting. "So where were we," I ask.

"About the exportation to France," they say. "Ah yes, well exactly how it sounds. I'm going to have someone build a company overseas so that Market value stays the same throughout the whole sales" I tell them. "Miss Ridalfo I'm not sure you can run all the companies. You already spend nearly 16 hours working miss" one of them says.

I nod at that and smile. "I know. So I'm having one of you be CEO over there" I tell them. "The plans will be ready in a few days. The building starts to get constructed in a month or so. By the end of the year, I'm sure it's going to be finished" I tell them.

"Who?" They ask. "Miss Addington will be in charge of the project and when it comes to the CEO it will be one of you. Not necessarily is he present here, but He's one of the people who hold shares in this company" I answer.

They nod and start talking to me about a few other projects that involve a lot of capital. "Let me see that one," I tell them and get passed down a project. "Who asked to build this one?" I asked as I look at the blueprints in front of me. They're of an orphanage. "Doesn't say?" one of my partners says.

"He decided to keep it unknown," another says. "What did 'he' look like?" I asked. "Tall, dark hair, blue eyes, tannish complex" one of my associate's answers. Victor. "I want this one built by the end of six months" I order. "A building like that will usually take 9 months". "Have them work overtime. I'll pay extra" I dismiss his comment and stand up.

"I'll see you men tomorrow". I walk out of the room and head to my office.
I looked through the stack of papers until I found one that grabbed my attention. I read the paper and balled it up. It was from my mother. I hadn't talked to them in a week, and I liked it like that.

I stood up and headed out. "Miss you have a meeting in 10 minutes" my secretary informed. "Cancel it, I'm heading out" I ordered and headed to the elevator. I called my 'second in command' as I entered the elevator. "Boss".

"Round up a new shipment, we're delivering it in a few hours" I ordered and hung up. The elevator dinged and I stepped out and headed to the exit. The air was strong, and I thanked myself for deciding to wear a suit today. I headed to my car and drove off to the warehouse. The whole ride my thoughts kept going back to the orphanage project. He could do it himself, why isn't he though?

I finally arrived and parked. Men were already placing the drugs into transportation. "How are we going to do it?" Quinton asked. "Like last time". We all got into the cars and started our way into the marina. "Are the drones set up?" I asked as we got there.

"No," Quinton said. I smacked the back of his and pulled my phone out. "Stupid boy" I hissed. The men chuckled. "Boss?" Zander asked as he picked up. "Send me the drones, Quinton..." I looked at Quinton and tskd. "Forgot to bring them" I finished. "Yes, mam". I hung up and looked at my men. "How was the burial?" I asked.

"We had it at 9," one man said. "Thank you," I told them. They looked down at their shoes and nodded. We stood there in silence for at least 20 minutes before a van pulled up. "Alright get everything on the boat" I ordered. We all got to work and a few minutes after we sailed out. "Turn the speed to 90 knots" I ordered. "You guys took what? 5 days".

I pulled my phone out and called Weston. "Where are your men?" I asked. "Probably 100 miles from the coast," he said. "Tell them I'll be there in a few hours". I hung up and sat down and watched as my men set up the small pills in packages. They placed each baggie in a container, which would be sent over to Weston's ship. I looked at the other three ships around me and watched my men work.

"After this, you guys get a break. One week" I yell. They cheer at that and I smile. The sun starts to go down, and the air starts to get chilly. "What time is it?" I ask. "7 mam". "Five more hours" I whisper to my self. The hours pass on by until were finally 100 miles out. I call Weston and ask him to tell his men to show a signal.

He hangs up and soon after a light appears up in the air. "Go" I ordered. I watched as the drones flew up and then flew across the sea. "Steady them out" I ordered my tech guy. The drones aligned and we waited in silence. The buzzing kind of sound of the drones being the only disturbance out here in the ocean.

One By one the drones landed on a boat and then they came back. "Good, off back we go," I tell my men and we head back. By the time we're back onshore, it's 8: 34 am. We all get off and I make sure everything goes where its u supposed to be. Afterward, I get in my car and drive home. Throughout this whole week, I've thought about the Japanese.

Do I really want to make friends with them? I never really liked to export arms. I shake my head at that and park once in my garage. "Should I?" I asked myself as I stepped into the elevator. Drugs might be bad, but they don't kill people. At Least not mine. Weapons hurt people. They kill them, guns strike fear in humans.

I close my eyes and wait for the elevator door to open. Once it does I step in and head upstairs to take a shower before I take a nap. The shower relaxed my muscles and got rid of the ocean scent all over me. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body.

I headed to my room and looked at the closet than at my bed and groaned. Bed it is. I walked over to it and fell straight on top and fell asleep immediately.