Ch. 15 : Olivia

After a few hours of watching movies we finally decided to turn the tv off and head to bed. "Ill see you tomorrow" adira yawned out as she turned right to head to her bedroom. I made sure she closed her door before I headed back downstairs.

My phone ringed as I headed to the living room. I picked up only to hear silence. "Who is it?" I asked. "I found something" Lauras voice rang out. "And?" I asked. "I made a few calls and it turns out a call was made near the restaurant before the explosion ever occured" she said.

"Did your people trace it?" I asked as I paced around the living room. "Mhmmm. Mexico". I stood still and processed the new information I had. The only person who would be able to cause such a thing was another mafia leader.

In this case being a cartel leader, that being Hugo. "Are you still there?" Laura asked. "Thank you, I'll call you later" I whispered and hung up. I stared at the wall in front of me as a plan begins to form in my head. Maybe, just maybe I could use this to my advantage.

I closed my eyes and felt a wave of anger run threw me, but as quickly as it came it left. I huffed out, rolled my shoulders and finally headed back up stairs and down the left hallway and into my room.

My mind was still racing with plans once I was in bed. By the time I had fallen asleep it was 3 in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to the sound of my alarm blasting. I groaned and got out of bed and turned my alarm off. Afterwards I got dressed in a simple outfit and headed down stairs. The condo was silent, adira was still asleep. Of course though, why wouldn't she be? It was barley 6 in the morning.

I waited for the elevator doors to open, and stepped in once they did. Not long after the elevators doors opened once again and I walked out. I ignored the receptionist and walked out the building and waved down a cab.

One arrived pretty soon and I got in and gave the driver my address. 30 minutes after we finally arrived and I headed into the building and to the elevator. I stepped in and waited for it to go up to my condo and stepped out once the elevator stopped on my floor and got out.

My condo seemed gloomy and grey. A wave of sadness engulfed me but I discarded it and walked to the place all my car keys laid on. I took hold of one of them and made my way back to the elevator and pressed the garages button.

It opened after a minute and I stepped out and walked over to my sports car. I got in and turned it on while I buckled up. Music blasted out loud and I smiled as I drove in reverse and out of the garage. My drive was long, but after a while I arrived to adiras family house, where I would talk to her mom.

I parked my car and got out of it and walked to the mansions entrance. I knocked and soon a maid was in front of me. "Miss Ridalfo come in". I stepped in and followed behind her. She told me to have a seat in the living room and I watched her walk away.

"Naomi what a pleasure to see you" Olivia's voice rang in the air. I stood up and faced the women who I questioned my alliance with. "Hello Olivia, I know your husband isn't home. So I'll be talking about a small business with you" I said in a whisper.

She nodded and her face turned serious. We walked out of the living room and headed towards a office her husband and she had on the main floor. After the door closed she locked it and went to sit behind the marble desk.

"Go ahead". I walked towards her and sat across from her. "Im sure you heard about the explosion in Spain". She nodded. "Well, I'm planning on closing a deal with the Japanese. Aside from that I'll be gone for a few days this week. I need your husband to take care of business for me while im gone, so I need you to call him to fly back to the states".

"What about Zander?" Olivia asked. "He's in france right now, im sure Samuel has talked to you about it" I say in a uninterested tone. I check my nails and look up at her. "Your pay will be deposited today" I tell her and stand up. She smiles and stands up as well.

"I appreciate your thoughtfulness" she says with glee in her voice. Of course she would be interested only in the money. "Please do call your husband. I don't really trust females running my business unless its me" I tell her and turn to leave. Before I exit the office I turn to look at her and smile forcefully.

"Also, I'll have some men investigate the child's play that occurred a few days ago". "You will?" she asked. I nodded. "I hate people who cross me and get in my way. An eye for an eye" I warned her in case she ever planned to go against me. After that, I finally stepped out of the office.

I closed the door and rolled my shoulders and walked away from the office. I made my way across the house and exited it and headed towards my car. I was going to drive to adiras pent get my stuff and head straight to Japan and come to a possible agreement with the Japanese.

They would be my second option if things were to go south. A mutual Alliance, the ace under my sleeve. Then I would fly down to Mexico and talk to Hugo. He would have to listen. Either that or a bullet through his head. I drove out of adiras parents estate and headed back to the city.

The Music calmed me. That's what I needed, I couldn't act on instinct like I usually did, I knew my actions had to be calculated from now on. I wouldn't slip. I couldn't. I wasn't that small child anymore, I had buried her 6 feet under a while back and she would stay there.