Ch. 45 : Baby's

Its been two months since russ found out. I was five months pregnant now. I decided to have the child, and today I would find out the gender. I felt excited and nervous. I was currently in my office. A lot had occurred during these two months. I heard of Olivia's passing. I had reached out to Laura about it. The topic of telling adira the truth floating above my head.

Adira and Laura heard of Zander's and Hugo's death. I had named Dominika my CFO. My parents were back together. Russ had moved into the city. I was running three Mafias, and legal business which caused the thought of quitting one of the two parts of life. Which one? I wasn't sure, maybe it was just the hormones.

I rolled my neck as I felt exhausted. I felt a kick and placed my hand on my stomach. "You devil" I said and chuckled as the child inside of me kicked even stronger. The door to my office opened and in walked russ with a bag of food. "Is it chinese?" I asked as I stood up and walked over to him. He opened his arms for a hug but i shoved him away and took hold of the bag in his hand.

I walked over to the sofa in my office and took the plates out of the bag. I set everything on the coffee table and opened one of the plates. I groaned as I grabbed a fork and dug into the white noodles. I was happy. The kid decided to show his happiness as well by kicking once more. Russ smiled at me and sat down to eat as well. "Whens the appointment?" He asked.

"In a hour" I told him. "Are You ready?" He asked. I shrugged. I sat back in the sofa as I ate the mushrooms on my plate. Russ placed his hand on my stomach and chuckled as the child kicked him. "He's going to be something". I looked at him amused. "He?" I asked. "I have a feeling" he said. "I don't think we should put labels on it until we know" I said.

"Well you can't keep calling it 'it'" Russ said. "Why not? It's my kid?" I exclaimed. Russ snickered at that. "You always refer to the baby as kid or child". I raised an eyebrow at that. "Is it not?" I asked. He laughed at that. "You know what I mean" he whispered as he leaned in and kissed me. I was silent for a few seconds after the kiss.

"We should go ahead and go if we want to be on time" I told Russ. I liked Russ, but i some what always tried to tell my heart not to get attached. I didn't want to be a widow again. I didn't need another redo of what occurred to Hugo. I think Russ understood that too because he never pressed for more.

I stood up from my seat and grabbed my plate and threw it in the trash. "There were some paparazzi when I came" russ mentioned as I grabbed my jacket and things. I was going home after the ultrasound, I felt exhausted and my legs were swollen. "I don't understand why they even follow after me like dogs. They should be focusing on celebrities" I whispered.

"I guess its entertainment to them" he said. We walked out of my office and I made sure to tell Ashley to cancel everything and call my sister. She'd be in charge for the rest of the day, aside from that I made sure to tell her to call the reception area so my men would be ready to guard me. I didn't want pictures taken of me. So far I had avoided seeing pictures on the tabloids of me pregnant but that might change if my security slips up.

We entered the elevator and waited for the it to stop. Once it did, both me and Russ were surrounded by my men. They made sure that every slight access of view was blocked and we began to walk. This has been a daily routine since hugos burial. We left the building and instantly reporters started bombarding me with questions.

I heard a few, but didn't answer. Russ wrapped a arm around me and I smiled slightly at him. We made it to my car and I got in. I watched as russ handed one of my men his keys and then got in. "Ready?" Russ asked. I rolled my eyes at that. "Just go" I said and he pulled into the road. After a few minutes, we parked outside a clinic and we got out.

The receptionist smiled at me and I walked up to her. "Mrs. Ridalfo hello" she said. "Hi Luna" I greeted her. She handed me a sheet of paper and I signed my name to confirm my appointment. I then walked to a seat and sat down. We waited patiently for the doctor to call my name. Russ was anxious, he kept on tapping his foot on the floor.

"Mrs. Ridalfo". I stood up and chuckled as Russ stumbled as he stood up. I walked over to the doctor who asked me a few questions about the pregnancy. Vitamins, check. Morning sickness gone, check. Blah blah blah. We entered a room and I walked to the bed and got on it. I laid on my back and pulled my shirt up, already familiar with the procedure.

I stared at the screen in front of me as the doctor named a few sections of the child and noted things down. "The baby's perfect" he said. "Now lets see what we have" the doctor whispered and began to look for the sex. My phone ringed and I looked at Russ who was distracted. "Russ you have my bag" I said. Russ looked at me dazed and then his eyes went wide. "Oh" he said and opened it to look for my phone.

He handed me the phone andi picked up. "Adira has finished giving birth" Laura's voice rang through the phone. "What?" I asked. "He's beautiful". "What's his name?" I asked. " Mattia Nicolai" she answered. I felt a tug at my heart at that. She named him after her father. "When are you going to tell her?" Laura asked. "She just had her baby Laura" I said.

"I'll call you later" laura said and hung up. "Its a boy" the doctor said and I stared at him and then at the screen. "Its a boy" russ exclaimed and laughed. He was crying. The doctor printed out pictures and handed them to me. "Congratulations Mrs. Ridalfo" he said and left the room. I kept looking at the image in front of me. A boy.