Ch. 44 : Pregnancy news

Naomis p.o.v.

Its been a week now, the pain is still there. The ache in my chest only stopping once im asleep. I was currently seated in front of the vanity in Teresa's room. Teresa was brushing my hair. "I'm sorry I was so blinded before" teresa whispered. I looked at her through the mirror, analysed her. She had been coming to the room every morning now for a whole week.

She'd come in after knocking and helped me get ready for the day. Don't really understand why since I didn't leave the house. She smiled at me and told me to stand up. I did what she told me to do and we left the room. We made our way down the hallway and then down the stair case. We walked to the dining room and sat down in our place.

We've been having family breakfast, lunch and dinner together. I didn't see the point. One of my favorite dishes was in front of me. Cream of mushroom soup. "Irina came today" my father said. I starred at the soup. Tears were at the brim of my eyes. I grabbed the spoon, and tried to hold it still so it wouldn't shake due to my hands. I took a spoonful of the soup and lifted it to my lips.

As soon as my taste buds came in contact with the soup, my stomach told me to spit it back out. I stood up from the chair and made my way to the bathroom and puked. Tears streamed down my face as I puked once more. My throat burned at the sensation. I closed my eyes as I vomited once more. "I called the doctor". I looked towards the door to see my mother standing there.

"I don't need a doctor" I said as i flushed the toilet. "When was the last time you had your period?" She asked as I stood up and washed my teeth. I glared at her. She raised an eyebrow at that. "I don't know" I answered sincerely. "Two months almost three?" I said. We starred at each other. I had sex with both Hugo and Russ during that time. I felt overwhelmed.

My mother smiled at me. As if this was news to smile about. "I can't have a kid" I told her. Her smile dropped once I said that. "What?" She asked. "I cant have a kid. Hugo and I agreed a child could not be brought up in this type of life style" I told her and walked past her. I walked back to the front area of the house. It seemed that everybody was waiting for me.

"Are you okay?" My father asked. I nodded. "She's pregnant" my mothers voice rang out. Her voice echoing throughout the house. "I'm going to be a grandfather?" My dad asked and laughed. He pulled me into a hug and I pushed away from him. I glared at my mother and shook my head. "I'm not having it" I said. The room was silent.

The door rang and someone moved to open the door. In walked a doctor. "Venice" he said. "I need You to make sure if I'm pregnant or not" I told him and walked to the living room. Everyone followed. I pulled my shirt up and the doctor set a stethoscope on my belly and listened. I felt panic bubble up in me. He pulled away and stood up. "Indeed you are pregnant" he said.

I moved my shirt down and stood up. "Thank You" I said and walked with him to the door. He left. I came face to face with my family. "He or she is the future don of this mafia. Not only is it la cosa Nostra and the Bratva who need a leader, but the bracamontes need that child too" my father said.

I knew he was right, but I was not going to bring a child into this. I walked past them. I made my way to the stair case and made my way up the stairs and down the hallway to my room. I entered the room, and as soon as the door closed, my hands fell to my stomach. "I don't even know who your dad is" I whispered and closed my eyes as my head fell back on the door.

I made my way to the closet and picked out a simple lose black dress. I grabbed black heels and made my way out of the room. Its time I get back to my normal life. I walked down the hallway, down the stair case and made my way towards the door. I took hold of my keys and exited the house. I walked down the steps and made my way to my car.

I got in and turned my car on. I clicked the call button on my car since I didn't grab my phone before I left and waited for Ashley to answer. "Miss Ridalfo" she said. "Hello Ashley, I'm about to head back home, I need you to send a phone there under my name" I said. "Got it. Anything else?" She asked. "No. That will be all" I said and hung up.

After a hour, I finally arrived home and I parked in the garage. I got out of my car and made my way to the elevator. I waited for the doors to open and got in once they did. I hit the lobby button and walked over to the receptionist one the elevators door opened again. "Mrs. Ridalfo, Sorry for your loss" she said. I nodded at that. It was all over the news, my new title. Multi billionaire Venice Ridalfo turns widow after only a few months of marriage.

"Someone dropped off something for me" I said and she handed me a package. I took hold of it and walked back to the elevator. I opened the package and pulled the phone out. I clicked the garage button and waited for the door to open. I stepped in once it did and waited for the machine to go down. The doors opened once again and I stepped out and made my way to my car. I got in and pulled out. I was on my way to my company.

After a few minutes I parked in my spot and made my way in. Workers gave me a pitiful look and I tried to keep myself from telling them to fuck off. I made my way to the elevator and waited for it to open and close. It went up and stopped after a few seconds. I stepped out once the doors opened to stumble into a chest. I looked up to face blue eyes.

"Naomi" he said. "Russ". We stayed like that for a bit. I didn't know what to say. "I heard about Hugo. I'm sorry" he said.  I thanked him. I felt a blush adorn my face as he cupped my cheek. "I really am sorry, but I'm not going to lie to you that I feel a bit relieved" he said. I scrunched my eyebrows at that. "It gives me an opportunity with you" he said.

"I'm pregnant" I whispered and he searched my face for anything that would contradict the seriousness of the news. No Russ Nitori, any look of humor will not be written on my face. "How long?" He asked. "Almost three months" I replied. He touched my stomach and I closed my eyes, a sense of content filled me. "Do you know who the father is?" He asked. I shook my head. "It doesn't matter" he said and pulled me in for a hug.