Ch. 27 : Malta

We finally landed on Malta after long hours of flight. I stood up and made my way to the front of the jet and walked out. "We'll leave in a day or so" I told Kris and watched her nod. I waited for my car and when it was in front of me I got in and drove off.

Malta was my place. It brought a lot of memories for me. Memories of peace and treatment. I had been in Malta at least 2 other times in my life. This was my third. I usually only flew up here if I needed time to think, or time to myself.

When I was 18, I spent my summer here. I was going off to college, and felt anxiety built up in me. I was in my parents house and then one day I just went back to suicidal thoughts. I took two antidepressants that night, packed my things and got on my jet.

At that time I didn't know where I would go. I ended up in Malta and stayed here all summer, for three months I was MIA. When school was about to start, I flew back to the U.S. the second time I came up here, was when my brother got named the head of La Cosa Nostra.

I was enraged that day. It had been only a few days after I was named the head of The Bratva. I felt a anger inside of me, fueled by the most flammable ingredient. I just needed a small spark to set me off. That day did it, and I killed 6 of my men.

I stayed in malta for at least two weeks. After that I flew back to New York and didn't speak to Victor. Now, here I was, parked in front of a modern mansion. I turned my car off and made my way up the steps and unlocked the house.

I closed the doors when I was in and turned the lights on. It was 5 am at the moment. I made my way to the stairs and walked up them in silence. I felt a shiver run down my spine and turned the lights on of the hallway. I turned the lights off from down stairs and then walked down the hallway to get to my room.

I had bought this house the first time I flew here. I honestly don't even know why I bought it. I opened the door to my right and turned the lights on. My room was the same. A light grey color, with bright white edges. The floor was decorated with eggshell colored carpet.

It wasn't me, the me I am today. I walked over to the bed and sat on it. The covers were white, cost me a few hundreds. Which in all honestly, I could have gone to Wal-Mart and bought the same for 50 dollars. Did I? No, for the same reason that I buy my things only in luxury stores. Power.

I snickered at myself. Here I was again, seated on the edge of this bed, about to sleep with plans of murder swirling in my head. I hadn't taken care of agent Riley at the moment and it really angered me. I hated having no control over things.

I stood up quickly and decided to get some things done today, I wasn't going to just sit. I walked down the hallway and made my way down the stairs. I took hold of my keys and then left the house. I walked down the stairs, got in my car and made my way to the small village near my home.

After what seemed like a few minutes, I parked outside a small shop and made my way to it. A bell ring as I opened the door. The shop smelled of wood, and lemons. "How may I help you?". I looked for the person who spoke and saw a small women with white hair. She reminded me of Irina.

I smiled at her as memories of Irina crashed on me. She was the one that took primary care of me when my mother wouldn't. "Do you sell paint here?" I asked. "Yes we do". She walked to a counter and then took hold of a stack of papers.

I walked over to her and she handed me the color sheets. "I'll let you choose" she said and left. I looked through the colors but didn't choose any. I couldn't make myself forget. Memories and your past are what drives you.

"I see your picking colors". I turned to my right to see a good looking man. He was well built, blue eyes and raven dark hair. He was wearing a suit but I still noticed his tan skin. "Are You here for business?" I asked. He smiled at me. "Yes I am" he replied a British accent present. "So what's a pretty lady like you doing here?" He asked.