Ch. 13 : unscathed

My phone ringed and I moved around in my bed trying to find it. It ringed once more before it went silent. I stopped moving and sighed. I was falling asleep once again, when suddenly my phone ringed again. I groaned and got up after several attempts to find it with only my hands.

I stood up from the bed and searched for it, to find it nowhere on the bed. I paced around the room and kneed down to find it under the bed. How did it get there? I looked at the caller id to see it was Victor. I snickered at that and hung up. My phone started ringing once more.

I pinched my nose as a headache started to form and looked at the phone. It was almost 7 pm and I still haven't eaten. I turned my phone off and looked for my suitcase to grab a new outfit since my dress got wrinkled up thanks to the five hour nap I took.

I dressed up in a black simple suit and slid heels on. Once I was done changing, I took hold of my purse and headed out of the room and headed down stairs to the receptionist. "Do you know of any restaurant around here?" I asked.

She nodded and told me the directions to a small Spanish restaurant. I stepped into the place and immediately got showed to a small table. "What will you be ordering mam?" The waiter asked. "I'll be having the steak with mushroom sauce and the risotto with carabineros and parmesan cheese" I tell him.

"And for your drink, what will you be having?" He asked. "Could You show me your wine collection?" I asked as i skimmed through the drink options. He nodded and left. A few minuets after he came back with a decent book. I looked through it and decided on a red.

"Ill have the Contador, red wine, 2000" I tell him and he nods. He then leaves and comes back with a wine bottle and opens it. "I'll be right back with your food". I pour myself a glass of wine and drink it, letting the flavour of the wine rest in my mouth for a few seconds before swallowing it.

15 minutes pass before my food is in front of me and I smile as the smell hits my nose. It smells devine. I moan silently and close my eyes as The steak practically melts into my mouth. I take a spoonful of my other dish and enjoy the slight spiciness.

I'm practically almost done with my food when all of a sudden people start screaming and I watch as they run out of the restaurant in panic. I stand up and look around the room to see a small circle thing on the floor.

I squint my eyes and gasp as I realize its a bomb. I run out of the place right before the place explodes. I fall onto the floor and look around me. The place is in flames, my vision blurs as I stand up. My ears buzz and I suddenly feel nauseous. I wobble away from the incident, bumping once in a while with people in the street.

They have gathered up to see what has occurred. I walk back to the hotel and fall into the receptionist arms as soon as she's in front of me. I see her mouth move but I can't hear anything. "I cant hear you" I tell her as my body trembled.

I hissed as she touched my back, to realize maybe I didn't escape the place completely unscathed. We walk into the elevator and then we step out. "Thank You" I tell her as im placed on my pents sofa.

I watch her reach for her phone to which I shake my head to. "No, I dont need that" I tell her. She looks at me confused and then back at her phone. "Don't" I order and she places her phone away. "You can go, I can take care of my self" I whisper.

Her face looks worried but she nods anyway and leaves. I close my eyes and feel myself go into a deep sleep. I need it. I'll figure everything out tomorrow. Who ever did this, will sure get what he deserves once I find out who he is. He better be ready.

~~~~~~

I wake up with a groan. My body is sore, my back burns and I have a huge headache. I notice the room is dark, and look towards the window to see its dark outside. What time is it? I stand up and walk upstairs towards the room.

I make my way to the nightstand to grab my phone. Thankfully I left that here along with my most important documents. I can always tell philip to send me new cards. I turn my phone on and instantly dial Kyle. "Set the jet up, I'll be there in a while". I hang up and head to my suit case.

I look through my things and settle on a loose shirt and simple jeans. I pull my hair up in a bun and set a cap on my head. Even though its night time, I put shades on, my whole vision was messed up with the explosion. Now I know what it feels like to be on the other side of attacks.

I place everything back into my suitcase and head out the room and go down stairs. My head throbs as I enter the elevator and step back out to leave. I hand the person in the receptionist area my keys and exit the hotel.

I walk towards my car and get in, instantly taking off to go to the airport. Soon after I arrive and head into the jet to wait for take off. A couple hours pass before the jet lands and I get up to leave.

"Thanks" I whisper to Kyle and get in my car and drive straight to my office. I needed to keep my mind distracted for a while, I couldn't plan with my emotions on the lose. People always commit the dumbest moves when their thoughts are all riled up.

Once I got my company, I parked and headed to the elevator. The elevator door opened and I headed to my office. It was silent at the moment. I entered my office and headed to the room I had in my office. I never really used it, unless I stayed late working.

Or in this case, if I had to work early. I checked the clock next to the bed to realize it was 5 am. I headed to the bathroom and undressed. Once I started the water and checked to see the temperature was correct, I stepped in.

I hissed in pain once the water hit my back and I moved one shaky hand to try to feel my back. I groaned as I felt my skin. It was smooth, too smooth. I looked at the water that went down the drain, it was red. I washed slowly and after 25 minutes I got out of the shower and covered up.

I headed to my closet and dressed in legging and a simple shirt. I looked at my bed, it looked inviting. My eyes darted to the door that lead to my office, and then back at the bed. I closed my eyes and walked towards my bed and got in. Soon sleep took me in.