Ch. 19 : headlines

The whole flight back to the estates had me on edge. I was going to arrive during the night time, so I wasn't as worried as I should have been.

News of my marriage would be on headlines tomorrow, and that's when all hell would break loose.

The plane finally landed and I stood up. I grabbed my things and headed towards the exit and go down the stairs. My car is already there and I get in. I turn my car on and drive off.

It takes me a while to get back to my place but finally after a while I arrived. I drove straight into the garage and parked.

Once my car was off I got out, grabbed my suitcase and headed towards the elevator. I smiled as the doors opened and I entered my pin and felt the elevator go up.

The doors opened again and I stepped out and headed towards the steps. I made my way up them and entered the room only to spot someone on my bed. I turned the lights on and saw that it was Hugo. "how did you get in?" I asked.

"I have my way". "And You got here how?" I asked. "My jet was designed by me" was all he said. "there's another room down the hallway" I said and headed towards the closet. I took my clothes off and looked through my closet.

"I won't be staying in that room" he said. I looked at the closets entrance and snickered. "You can sleep where ever you want, even here but im still not sleeping with you" I hissed and grabbed shorts and a tank top.

I turned away from him and slid my shorts on. I was about to slide my tank top on when all of a sudden I felt his hands on my back. I stood still as I felt his finger lead to the base of my neck. "I didn't know this occured" he whispered.

"My hair was everywhere that day" I whispered referring back to our little encounter at his house. "Your little pre-matrimony gift didn't cause all that" I said and looked at him over my shoulders. "What did?" He asked. I pulled my shirt on and shrugged. "A few things".

I moved away from him and made my way to the bed. "You can sleep here, just don't touch me" I whispered and got in the bed. I watched as he took his clothes off and got in bed. We laid there in silence.

"I'm sorry for what I did back at my home" he said probably referring to his little outburst. I looked at him and he looked at me. "You can't forget this is a business deal, don't mix things up next time" I said and turned away from him. I clapped and the lights turned off.

I closed my eyes and felt the bed move. He had stood up. I heard him dress up again and then leave the room. The elevators ding made it's way to my ear and I knew he had just left. I closed my eyes and finally fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing and I got up. I turned my alarm off and made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. After I was done I made my way to my closet.

I got dressed in a black shirt and black leather pants. Aside from that I also grabbed a black trench coat and slid on heels.

After I was done I grabbed my purse and phone and made my way down stairs. "Wont you have anything?" A voice said once I was down stairs.

I looked in the kitchen and spotted Mary. "When did You get back?" I asked and stepped into the kitchen.

"Today" was all she said. "No, I'll be out all day" I said a hugged her and made my way out of the kitchen. I grabbed my keys and pushed the elevators button. It opened and I stepped in and made my way to the garage.

The doors opened and I stepped out and made my way to my car. I got in and turned it on and drove out of the garage. After a few minutes I arrived at my company and parked. I made my way out of the car and went straight in.

People moved out of the way as I walked to the elevator. After a few minutes the doors opened and I stepped in. I pressed the top button and waited for it to go up. It did and soon after it opened and I stepped out.

Right as I stepped out Ashley rushed to my side and handed me a cup of coffee. "Its great to have you back miss" she said and we walked into my office. "You have a meeting in 10 minutes with Mrs. Jacobs" she said and handed me a packet.

"Afterwards you associates want a meeting with you at 11". I nodded and Sat down and logged into my computer. "I scheduled your next flight to London for next week". I stood up and made my way to the door.

"I need you to sign and go over a few document plus Mrs. Laura called yesterday and has wanted to speak with you" she said. "plus miss Adira scheduled a meeting with you at 3". I looked at her and asked her to explain.

"Her father passed away mam". I looked at her and closed my eyes. Poor Adira. "Mister Zander also just got back. He's in a meeting right now though" she said in a rush. I nodded and entered the conference meeting.

There around the table Mrs. Jacobs sat with a couple of her lawyers. "Hello Mrs. Jacobs" I said to which she nodded. "I saw the news" she said.

I raised my eyebrow at that. "Your marriage. Congratulations" she said. "That's not why you came here today though" I said.

"That's correct" she said. "I came here to tell you I plan on transferring my shares to one of your brothers companies" she said. "And why is that?" I asked.

"Marriages can get complicated, I know that if you were ever to have issues with your husband, my actions could be in the middle of your issue" she said.

I laughed at that. "Because I'm married" I laughed out. She sat there looking at me with total seriousness. I stopped laughing and stood up and slammed my hands on the table. "I assure you, your actions are safer with me" I hissed.

"We wouldn't want the FBI to get involved with you husbands death, am I correct?" I asked and smiled. Her lawyers looked at me and then at Mrs. Jacobs.

She gulped and stood up. "If that was all, I think we're good now" I said and nodded towards her and her lawyers.

I walked away from my place and made my way to my office. "You solved that perfectly" Ashley said and I smiled at her. "Well the trick is not to crack" I said and chuckled. I made my way to my seat and took hold of my coffee and took a sip of it.

I closed my eyes and smiled as I heard the doors of my office open roughly and hit my offices wall. I opened my eyes to see my whole family there.

Not only my parents and brother, but also my uncle and his wife. They all looked at me and soon after zander entered as well.

"So you got married" my father said and I stood up. "Sorry for not inviting you to my wedding but I couldn't have my husband wait" I said and told them to sit. The tv came on and I thanked Ashley, who had just walked into the room and sat down as well.

I looked at the tv and saw pictures of me and Hugo all over the tv. "It looks like the most well know bachelorette just got married ladies and gentle men, and not just to anyone. She got married to mogul Hugo Bracamonte, the most well known business man".

I looked at my family and smiled. "Why him?" My brother asked. "what do you mean?" I asked. "You married him to get to me" he hissed.

"I'm pretty sure that's what you used him for" I snapped and my parents stood up. "What is she talking about?" My father asked and I smiled.