Ch. 34 : tragedy

Victors p.o.v.

I was currently in Santorini, in my hotel just thinking. A lot had happened, my mind was filled with the events that lead me to seek asylum. Everything happened so quickly at the family reunion. My cousin found out about our family business, three people got shot, and my family found out my father had another kid.

~flashback~

I watched as my father slapped Venice and she said something to him that I couldn't hear. My father's face was adorned with tears after she left and I watched as Hugo got up and left as if he had not been shot at all.

"You have another daughter?" My mom's voice rang through out the air. I looked at my father who was still crying. His favorite child had just left. My father turned around and stared at my mother. Both of them were having a stare down. "Everybody Leave" my father ordered and people started to head in the house to leave from the front entrance.

I made my way to my cousin who was still on the ground, with my uncle and aunt holding her. My uncle was on his phone, probably calling a doctor.
"Answer my question Vincent" my mother yelled. "Yes, I do" my father said. The atmosphere turned cold. "When did this happen?" My mother asked

"She's a few months older than Venice" my father whispered. A shot sound erupted in the air and I looked at my parents. My mother had a gun in her hands. "Why Vincent?" She asked referring to the affair. "I was looking for my father. I couldn't look weak in front of my men".

I looked at my uncle who stood up and made his way to the house, a few minutes after he came back with a doctor at hand. The doctor and my uncle and aunt moved into the house with my cousin after they checked up on me. I was fine.

My parents were still arguing. "Im going to get her" my father said calmly. "Why?" My mother screamed. "She's my child Dakota. Her mother just died". "They're your children" my mother said and pointed at me. "Yes. And only Victor is your child" my father spat out. He was angry. "If you go, I'm not staying with you anymore".

I looked at my mother in shock. "Then I guess you'll get a visit from my lawyers" my father whispered and walked towards the house. My mother broke down and cried. Her body slumped down into the ground, her coral dress stained by the grass as the impact occurred.

I walked over to my mom and hugged her. "He's going to ask for a divorce" my mother said and sobbed. "Both of you are angry right now, that's what's talking at the moment". I told her and she hugged on to me like her life depended on it. After a few minutes we stood up and walked into the house.

It was silent. To silent. "We should go now" I told my mom and that's what we did. We left. We headed to my mom's home and I parked outside of it. We both got out and made our way inside the house. "Where are you going?" My mother asked as we took the scene in front of us.

My father was in the foyer with his suitcases on the floor. "You made it clear you were not going to accept my daughter" my father hissed and I looked at my mother. She was upset. I'd never seen her like this. "So your leaving?" My mother asked calmly. My father nodded. "When you get over your tantrum we can talk it out" he whispered.

"My tantrum! Your daughter threw a tantrum at my brothers house" my mother yelled. "Is this why your mad?" My father asked and walked towards my mom. "Is this what it's about? Answer me Dakota. Why is every fight we have about Naomi? What did she do to you? For God's sake shes your daughter. What is wrong with you". My father walked away from my mother and grabbed his bags. "Maybe we should have done this a long time ago" he whispered and left the house.

*end of flashback*

I stood up from where I was seated out in the balcony of my hotel room and headed inside. It was getting dark and I really need to eat. I grabbed the jacket on my bed and made my way out the room and headed out. I checked my watch to see it was only 7 pm.

I pushed the down button on the elevator and waited for the doors to open. Once it did i stepped in and hit the lobby button. After a few minutes, the doors opened again and I made my way out the elevator and out the reception area and stepped out of the hotel. I took a deep breath in once the fresh air hit me. I needed this peace.

I was walking down the street when all of a sudden my eyes closed and everything turned dark.

~·~

"Wake up pretty boy". I opened my eyes slowly and closed them once I was blinded by the light. "Come on" they said and slapped me lightly. I opened my eyes once again and looked at the person in front of me. "Ah esta despierto el niño" someone said behind the man in front of me. The man moved and I stood there shocked.

"Hello Victor". I stared at him in disbelief. "Why am i here?" I asked. "You'll find out later. Anyway I just wanted to see you before everything went down" he said slowly while he looked at his nails. He peeked at me while he was doing so and smiled when he was done checking his nails out, and stood tall and delighted. "Get to it boys" he said and i watched him walk out.

I watched as men came towards me, each with something different in their hands. I kept silent, my mouth closed. Is this what Naomi had gone through? I closed my eyes as I was struck for the first time across my cheek. I hissed out in pain and spit out blood. I closed my eyes as they kept coming at me.

After what seemed like forever I went in and out of conscious. "Send him to a hospital, and call his family". I felt my body collapse onto someone. I opened my eyes to see I was dangling over someone's shoulder. My vision went black again. "He's in the hospital". Who were they calling? Thud. "Someone just threw him in front of the hospital" a voice said. I was confused. What was happening? "Code blue in room 341". My eyes were not functioning, and my ears decided to join them.