Ch. 26 : Bolivia

Two weeks pass

I looked at the iPad in front of me and smiled. My deal was the talk of the world. Thank you New York Times. I had recently closed a trade deal with the UK. I patted my back mentally. "Would you like anything mam?" Kris asked. I shook my head at that.

I watched her leave and then looked through my emails. A few things had occurred in the last two weeks. More like a lot. I had fixed my issues with the FBI. My actions were in tact again, my associates were secure, laura was fine, and I scheduled a meeting with the Bolivian.

Well, lets hope I don't make headlines again in South American news this time. Aside from that, I had recently fought with Hugo. It wasn't A fight like regular people had. No, it involved shouting, breaking furniture, and a few rounds of bullets.

Here I was now, on a plane on my way to close a business deal, and Hugo was spending his time back in Columbia. I zoned out of my thoughts and looked at my emails. Zander had sent me something recently and I opened the email up and read it.

He was in Europe still, and I thought it best to have him in Europe for now. I skimmed over his email and then logged off. I felt mad at the moment. How could they do this? Since when did people over take me lightly? I stood up and made my way to the bar section and took hold of a whiskey bottle.

"Ill-" I stopped Kris and told her to leave. Once she left I took a huge gulp of liquor. My throat burned but I ignored it and took another drink from the whiskey bottle and laughed. I did. I really did laugh. I was about to land in Bolivia, and see my husband after two weeks to close a deal.

Because apparently now I had to close deals with him. Since when? I laughed again and felt anger boil in me and threw the bottle on the ground with hate as I felt my face contour into one of pure distaste. Fucker. I'm going to shoot him again, and this time I won't regret it.

I walked over to my seat once more and sat down and waited. For the remaining two hours of the flight, I waited. Kris asked me if I wanted something to eat but I just ignored her. I just sat there in silence with my thoughts flowing inside me like a river during a storm.

We finally landed and I stood up and walked out of the jet. "Stand by and fill it up, after this we're going to Malta" I said and made my way to my car and got in. I drove straight to my providers house and parked right outside his home. I stepped out and watched as a pack of men ran to me.

I watched as they pointed their guns at me and rolled my eyes. "ya zdes', chtoby uvidet' tvoyego bossa"(I'm here to see your boss) I hissed and watched them put their guns down. "Sorry miss Venice" they said. I smiled at them. "Is your boss ready to see me?" I asked. They nodded

We walked to the entrance and they opened the door for me and I walked in. "Venice". I saw a man stand up from the living room area with extended hands. "Oliver". He walked over to me and then guided me to sit in the living room.

Hugo was already there. He was seated on a black leather sofa with a glass of scotch in his hands. He smiled at me and I snickered. "I've met your husband" Oliver said. I nodded at that.

"I can see". "He was talking to me about buying separately" Oliver mentioned. I looked at Hugo. "Is that so?" I asked. Oliver nodded. "I was telling him the price. 23 the ounce". I looked at Oliver and laughed. "I don't want your bolivian coke" I said a bit offended.

"I want lithium" I said. "What for?" Oliver asked. I glanced at Hugo and then looked back at Oliver. "Does it matter?" I asked. Oliver didn't say anything. "Okay" I said. "How much do you need?" Oliver asked slowly. "Just $12,000 worth" I said. "Where do you want it delivered?" Oliver asked

"Russia". "Your not building a nuke, are you Venice?". I looked at Hugo and smiled. "Maybe" I said. "Do you know what that would cause?" Hugo hissed. "Almost every government has nuclear defences" I said. "They just don't let the public know of some ulterior defence systems" I continued and looked at Oliver.

"You your self have one" I said and smiled at Oliver. He laughed and looked away. "Your a engineer yourself Hugo" I said and stood up from my spot. I extended a hand towards Oliver and watched him take it.

"The russian government will escort the metal itself to its facilities" I told Oliver and looked at Hugo. "It was nice to see you again" I said. "We're leaving together" hugo said and stood up. He walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You too look good together" we heard oliver say. I snickered at that. "It's always business not love" I said and watched Hugo's eyes fill with emotion. "It's always been like that in this line of business" I whispered so only Hugo could hear me and pushed him away from me.

I turned on my heels and walked straight to the door that lead outside and pulled it open. I walked down the stairs and made my way to my car and opened the drivers door and got in. My mind filled up with memories of Hugo and me.

Us in bed, us watching tv, and him cooking for me. I punched the steering wheel and turned my car on. "This is business". I kept on repeating that to myself on my way to the jet.

I parked next to the jet and got out of the car and made my way up the steps and took a seat. I buckled up and then closed my eyes. I was on my way to Malta a few minutes after.

~~~
A/N: sorry for the slow update.