Ch. 37 : board meeting

I felt the sun grace my face and turned over in bed. Ugh. I groaned as I tried to call asleep again, it didn't work though. I yawned and got up from the bed deciding that I had to get up and stop with the self pity and mood swings.

I had a lot to catch up on and a lot i had to fix. I made my way into my closet and looked through my clothes and settled on a turtle neck and pencil skirt. After I finished dressing I made my way into the bathroom and did what I was supposed to do and then made my way out of the room and down the stair case.

I pressed the elevator button and waited for the doors to open and once they did I stepped in and clicked the garage button. Music played as the elevator went down. The doors opened and I stepped out. My phone ringed as I opened my car and got in. "Ridalfo" I said as I turned the car on and drove out of my parking spot. "Hey".

"How are you?" I asked. "I'm fine. I heard you got sworn in yesterday". "Did uncle tell you?" I asked. "Yeah". The line was silent for a bit. "Did you meet Dominika?" I asked. "Yeah, shes actually here at the moment" Victor replied. "So where are mom and dad?" I asked.

"They went to the lawyers office" he said and the line went silent again. "Naomi". I didn't say anything. "I just got to the company" I told him and hung up. I parked in my spot and got out of the car and made my way into the company. The place was quiet and I made my way to the elevator. I pressed the up button and stepped in once the doors opened.

After a few seconds the doors opened once more and I stepped out. Ashley stood up from her seat and walked over to me and began to read off my meetings. "Mr. Philip is in your office at the moment" Ashley said and I thanked her. I walked into my office and went straight to my seat. "Philip".

"How are you?" He asked. "Well I've been better" I told him honestly. "Its been a while since our last talk" I said. "Months since you had me turn mid air" he said and smiled tightly. "I thank you for holding my shares" I said. He nodded at that. "What are business partners for" he said.

"Speaking of which, your partner lowsu has asked me to open him a account in my bank". I tilted my head at that. "I haven't talked to him in a while. Im actually considering dropping business with him" I said in a hushed voice. "Hmm". "Thank you for coming" I told him. "Well it was necessary". We both stood up and shook hands and he left.

Ashley entered my office with a cup of coffee and set it on my desk. "These came in today" she said and set a folder on my desk and left. I opened the folder and saw some contracts. It was a progress report of a few companies I had over seas. Sales had dropped. I scrunched my face up trying to make sense of the numbers.

I picked up my phone and dialed Zander. "I cant take your call at the moment but leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible". I was sent straight to voicemail. "Zander mind explaining the sales drop overseas?" I asked and took a deep breath. "I need you to check on them". I hung up and stood up from my seat.

I drank my coffee and made my way to the meeting room. The board of directors were there. "Miss Naomi we've noticed a unreasonable amount of absences from you" they started. "I don't have time for this" I told them as I sat down in my seat. "Your COO has been telling us about some recent issues the company has faced" one of the chairman said.

I looked at Ray, who I barley payed attention to and noticed him squirm. "I'm sure if Ray would have noticed something he would have told me directly" I said and turned to face all of the board. "Sales have dropped and some of the investors have begun to pull out of some projects overseas" one of the chairman said.

"We also haven't heard from your CFO" one chairman said. "Zander is overseas and I've called him to ask about sales drop" I told them. "We suggest you order him to return to the states and you outsourcing". I looked at them and rolled my eyes. "We understand that your a majority shareholder but we can still file a lawsuit for breach of contract" they said. "And exactly what part of my contract am I breaching?" I asked.

"Your actions are compromising the company. They do not hold the best interest for it" they said. "Your proof?" I asked. They stayed silent. "In court the only thing that will be proven is how much I have expanded the company's capital" I told them.

"Now that we got that threat aside, I have something to tell you" I said. They stayed quiet. "Some of your period office is coming to an end" I started. "And honestly by what happened just now, I can see some of you don't really see eye to eye with me". They all squirmed in their seats. "Some of you don't have actual power in this company since your not exactly shareholders ".

"I will call my lawyer this afternoon and will ask her to go over the buy- sell agreement. I suggest you do the same and she will contact you with propositions. As to the rest, well im firing you, cause I can" I said and smiled at them. They all got up and I did so as well. "Nice meeting" I told them and smiled at them. They left and then I did so as well.

I made my way to my office and called Laura and told her what had happened. "Im on it" she said and hung up. Ashley came in with a folder and set it on my desk. I opened it and felt my heart speed up as I read over the words on the paper. It finally came. I didn't know how to feel, happy, sad? I took hold of a pen on my desk and signed the paper.

It was my divorce sheet. Now all I needed was to wait for Hugo to sign it. I didn't see why we should still be married if I ran both mafias now. I didn't need his partnership anymore. I played the papers back in its folder and closed it. I checked my watch and saw it was almost 9 pm. Was I really in the conference room that long?

I got up and made my way out of my office and made my way to the elevator and hit the lobby button. I waited for it to go down and open up once again. The elevator stopped after a while and the doors opened once again. I stepped out and made my way out of the building and made my way straight to my car. I couldn't wait to get back home and sleep.