Chapter One- The Kings

MAIN CHARACTERS.

Claire Williams/king.

Oliver king.

14 years later

14 years later.

CLAIRE'S POV.

(Time-1:30)
It had really been a hectic day,all other days were tiring but today was my last day of work during the week,so I guess all the exhaustion just caught up with me. Stapling the last paper work,I let out a breath of relief.

In thirty minutes ,I was done with all my work and I had to head home.

Home????

I had forgotten the meaning of that word,I mean it should be called a home if there are people in it right? But mine was just not like that,my family wasn't the perfect and ideal picture I had expected it to be.

Growing up and having to deal with the stress of divorced parents,wasn't what I expected to get,I mean i think I deserved more.

Or didn't I????

Having memories of how my mom and my dad had no time for me when growing up,gave me more zeal to work and be independent,at least I have been doing that for the past 4 years.

My parents got divorced when I was 15,I couldn't take it,having to choose between who I wanted to live with was the most difficult choice ever.

Sometimes I wonder why fate had taken such a turn in my life,my parents used to be the best couple,but I couldn't just guess what happened.

I was cut from my thoughts when I heard my name.
"Claire,you OK?,I mean I have been talking to you for sometime,only to realize that you zoned out? Joan told me
" No,I'm sorry,I was just leaving,see you next week?" I replied
"Yeah,bye,take care"
I nodded at her and grabbed my hand bag and walked out of my office.

The ringing of my phone caught my attention, I glanced at the screen and saw that it was my mom calling,I knew that she would have something to request,if not she wouldn't call me,that was certain. I picked up the call.
"Mom?"
"Hello sweetheart,how are doing?"
"Am doing OK mom,do you need anything"
"Oh my baby,why do you always think that I need something anytime I call you"

I roll my eyes at her words,swallowing whatever word I wanted to reply her with.
"Where are you now"
" I'm on my way home" I said as I stepped out of my place of work.

"I miss you Claire,I really do,it's been a year since we saw each other"
"Miss me? Mom we had a video call yesterday"
I let out a breath

"Okay mom what are you driving at,huh,whenever you talk like this there is something cooking"

"I just need you to come home not to your apartment this time,your father and I are in the country right now and there is something I would like to tell you ,please just this once" she said as I felt myself actually boiling.
I knew she needed something.

"What mom,why"
"Because I have something really important to tell you" she replied

"Mom please can't it wait till tomorrow am really exhausted right now,is it that important" I asked.

"Yes it is"

"Later?"
"No Claire it can't wait" she replied quickly

"Okay mom,I will be there but please let it be worth my time"

"You will never know how important this is,Claire please be here by 7:00 pm" she finally said as she hung up.

I got into my car and drove off.
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

10 minutes later.

I arrived at my apartment and shut the door bolt,then went to the bathroom to freshen up before I threw myself on the bed.

I felt my world spin as I shut my eyes and drifted of to sleep.

It had really been a hectic Friday.
******************************
4 hours later.

I woke up feeling refreshed and a little less tired.

I checked the time.

"What,5:30 already,I must get ready quick" I said.

And with that I dashed into the bathroom and had a quick bath.

I quickly picked out my dress which was a long royal blue gown dress which was armless and of course tight as it highlighted all my curves and it had a slant from my ankle to the part above my knee,exposing my delicate light dark skin.

I quickly put on some make-up

And made my long brown hair in a curvy style

I grabbed my purse and with that I ran to my car,entered the front seat and drove off.

******************************

I drove into my parent's house. I mean I am going to see them both I really hope it's gonna be good.

I saw my mom waiting for me outside.

What's going on?

My mom also came to hug me first.

What?

"What's going on mom"

"Well let's go inside,the kings are inside,they are going to have dinner with us, your father is with them" she said literally turning me upside down.

"What"
"Mom, seriously what's going on?"

"I'll explain when we get inside,come on,let's go inside"

Come again?.

******************************

What's Claire gonna see inside?

What's gonna happen now?

What do you think her mom wants to tell her?

Watch out for the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment, they mean a lot.

Love_Tonic