Chapter Twenty Five- Betrayal

I walked out of my office and made my way to Peter's office,ready to punch the f*cking shit out of the bastard I trusted so much.

My own friend,so this is what betrayal felt like. It hurts so badly,i told him everything ranging from how my fight with Claire started till 2 days ago,he practically knew everything and I never knew and I never knew he was the enemy within.

As I stormed into his office ready to take out all my anger on him,he was nowhere to be found.

I fisted my hand,oh how lucky he was!!!!

I would have practically killed him. I walked out of his office and went back to my office,anger boiling through me.

That moment when you want to take you anger out but you just missed your luck.

A call on my phone snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Hello,who's this?" I said angrily.
"Well hello there oliver"
"Who's this" I spat again.
"This is your friend,I mean your best friend,peter did you miss me?"

"You coward,why don't you come here so I can punch the f*cking shit out of you" I said burning with rage.

"Look at you, did you really trust me?" I'm sorry but I only wanted something from you but what I want is far from you"

"What do you mean?"
"It's quite simple or don't you get it yet. Let me explain,I sent those pictures to you to create a rift between you and Claire,you came back to me for advice and I told you to continue being silent to her,to totally ignore her. I gave you advice to start drinking and to stay away from Claire and your kids all because of one thing. I want Claire".

Shock passed through me in currents,pain pierced me into the marrow as realization dawned on me.

" You fool,you will never have Claire".
"Oh,I already have since she no longer loves you. I just have to take one more step and she will be mine" he said as he gave a devilish laugh.

"You wait till I get my hands on you!"
"Oliver,help yourself first before you try to get me. Because you are in your company right now but who will save your darling Claire that is at home,huh?"

I was startled,how the f*ck did he know that she was home,I can't let anything happen to her.

"Don't you dare try anything"
Before I could say any other thing he ended the call which brought more fear in me.

What was that bastard gonna do to Claire?
I quickly grabbed my keys and ran out of my office.
I really had to get there what would happen if I were to be one minute late?

******************************
I tried Claire's number throughout my drive home,but it was not reachable.

I arrived at the gate as I typed in the code,I quickly drove in. I parked my car in the garage and I raced inside the house.

I ran up to our room,I couldn't find her.
I went to the visitor's room,nowhere!!!.
I checked every room in the house,dead end!!!
I checked the kitchen,she wasn't there.
There was no staff around anymore because through my fiasco,I succeeded in firing all 15 of them.
I checked everywhere but I couldn't find her.

I collapsed on the sofa in the living room.
Where could she possibly be?
Everywhere was so silent!!!

Until I heard someone on the phone.

"I don't know for now,but I'm going to try to make it work for the two of them,i'm working on it,yeah bye,I'll send my greetings to daddy and mummy okay?"

Esperanza? She was communicating with the kids,something I haven't done in two days. I felt tears brim to my eyes as I realized how I had managed to erase every important person in my life.

I decided to stop by the swimming pool as I saw Claire in the water. My heart beat slowly went back to normal.
I realized at that moment that I would die without her. She kept swimming as she didn't even notice my presence. How my baby looked like a goddess with that sexy body. I kept staring at her until she looked me straight in the eye,I felt like I was in heaven,this never gets old.

But immediately she saw me,she swam out of the pool,picked up her towel and walked past me without even sparing me another glance.

Was I really burning for her to at least look at me? Though I was hurting,I was more than happy that she was safe.

Another call from my phone distracted me from looking at Claire. I quickly picked it without looking at the caller's I.D.
"Did you really think that I would strike with your knowledge?"
"What the f*ck do you want?"
"I told you before,I want your darling Claire"
"And you will never have her" I said with full force of my voice.
"We'll see about that,my dear friend"
With that he ended the call.
One question was lingering in my head.
What do I do???

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Hello lovelies what do you think about this chapter.
You won't believe me when I say I'm so tired but I really had to update for you guys. Sorry for the short update,the next one will be longer.

Till next time,beautiful people.

Love y'all.

Dabyxy.