Chapter Five- Nightmares

(Picture of the mansion above)

CLAIRE'S POV.

It had been 3weeks and 5 days,automatically a month since oliver and I got married.

Yet we never said a word to each other.

We only saw each other at night when we were about to go to bed,which was done with both of us facing the opposite sides of the bed.

We just couldn't stand each other,or better still we would have breakfast or dinner with Esperanza Cruz being the middle man between the both of us.

Once, our hands collided when we were having dinner and we both sent cold eyes our ways.

IF LOOKS COULD KILL.

I didn't want to know him,didn't want to know where he was,what he does and what he doesn't do and I am sure he didn't care for mine too.
****
"Your teacher called to say that you beat a kid up at school,do you mind explaining that to me,kid?" My aunt Clarissa said calmly,just to calm and that can't be good

"I didn't mean to do it,he was being mean to Sophie and I didn't like it" I said to her,she didn't like the detailed part so I made sure to skip it everytime she asked what I did,explain shortly and wait for my punishment afterwards,sometimes it was beatings until I could barely walk,sometimes she would starve me,sometimes she would lock me up in a room.

This time I saw her get up to get a cane,it was not as if I didn't expect this.

"I didn't enrol you in school for you to beat kids up and do sh*t you are just 16,Claire,I can't forgive you this time" she screamed"
Like you ever did,guess she didn't even know that I was still learning martial arts if not she would kill me

" Turn around Claire" I did immediately because it would be useless to beg her,I felt the first stroke hit me and I stiffled a scream,I felt two more hit me almost immediately,I thought she would stop but she just didn't,as i broke down in tears,the strokes became stronger and more painful,until I just couldn't take it,I fell on the ground crying and screaming and screaming and....

I screamed out loud as I jerked awake,I was sweating profusely,I also realised that tears was falling down my face. I pushed the sheets of me and stood up. I will always be this,a messed up human being always having nightmares of how f*cked up my life was and still is. I wiped my face as I made my way downstairs

I met Esperanza cooking. The old woman loved me a lot,I bet she thinks of me as her daughter. Her family resides in Italy and sometimes she takes a break to go see them,so that's why I make sure she doesn't notice it either

"Hi Esperanza, good evening ma'am"

"Good evening,child,how was your day"

My mind drifted back to the dream I had and I let out a breath

"It was fine,esperanza"

"Don't you think that cloth you are wearing will seduce your husband who you prefer been silent to?" She asked.

Yes my dress was pretty short,I was home just free without work or anything.
So why not wear something free?