Chapter Two- Deal

CLAIRE'S POV.

I stepped into the house as I felt everyone's stare shift to me. I felt my body stiff,I mean I wasn't use to this attention especially from people who are as rich as THE KINGS.

I am in the same house with the kings and Mr and Mrs king were smiling at me.

Oh no,Claire,get your head straight,you are hallucinating.

And the guy seated there?
Wait the guy seated there.
That's their son!!!
The cold and arrogant one.

The one who my best friend had a crush on and decided to show courage by walking up to him the day he came to our office and demanded/pleaded for his autograph in the presence of all the workers.

He turned her down in front of everyone leading to mockery from all sides.

I had sworn that I would never stop hating him after i had stayed up watching my friend cry all night. Finishing a box of tissues.

Now we were in the same house.
What are we even doing here?

I managed to get rid of all my fears as I took bold steps to where they were.

You are doing really well Claire,so much for being brave....

What was this man even doing here,his attitude was hellish and his way with people was arrant nonsense,as I looked at him,I wished to never even get a chance to speak him,talk less having anything to do with him
I met him once and to comment,I hate him.
I HATE HIM.

I saw his eyes checking me out.
Why not I looked good.
The dress brought out all my curves.

He wasn't attractive ,I tried telling myself.

But truth be told he looked damn good.
And he was damn handsome.
Did I just compliment him?

He wore a blue suit with black shoes and the suit outlined his form bringing out his muscular figure even in a suit.

His hair was well styled and his blue eyes were well..........breathtaking.

It looked like we were a couple in our dress.
Not like I was faxed by that. Wink, wink, I don't have anything to do with being lovey-dovey.

But the power of his gaze was just too much and as I took short steps to where they were,it was like I was literally walking from the beginning to the end of the earth.
Note the sarcasm.

"Hello miss Williams"I heard Mr Travis king say as he shook my hand.

"Hello Mr king it's my pleasure to meet you"

Then I hugged Mrs Esther king who welcomed me with open arms

After all pleasantries,we settled down to eat.

I was starving but I had hardly touched my meal when my mom spoke up.

"Well claire dear I called you here for a reason and that is why Mr and Mrs king are here"

"Well.... I said.
" Claire" Mrs King started.
"We had a business agreement with your parents and it's time for us to complete the deal,because the appointed time has come for us to do so"

I dropped my fork on my plate.
"So what's the deal about?" I asked curiously.

"It's a simple deal,we would like you to marry our son oliver to seal a bargain made 14 years ago"Mrs king said.

I suddenly felt my breath seize.
She seemed nice but,whaaaaat?

" What?" I screamed as I jumped up from my seat.

In order to control my temper,I started running up the stairs as I heard my mother steps trailing behind me. Feeling different emotions pouring out like rain on me. I can't take this,no I won't.

"Don't worry she will come around" I heard my father say.

******************************

Will she really come around?

Watch out for the next chapter which will be soon?

Don't forget to vote and comment they mean a lot.

Till we meet again lovely people.

Love_Tonic