Chapter Seven- Falling

Previously.

I let out a deep breath which I didn't know I was keeping in and asked that one question.

"Who's maria".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLAIRE'S POV.

" Who's maria"? I repeated with almost all the courage in me.

At least I had learnt from my martial arts teacher that putting too much effort is meant for the basic things and not minor issues.

After my parents left me even after I put so much trust in them,I always played a game of -one leg in,one leg out- , it just helps me not to trust too much,that way I can escape from a situation unhurt at all.

I call it my surviving point and truly it helps.

I didn't put too much into what I was asking Esperanza right now because it might just be nothing,maybe oliver mistook me for someone else.

She turned around shocked.
"What did you say?!" she asked still shocked.

Okay this is getting somewhere,seeing the shocked expression on her face made me put a little more - thing- into my question.

"Esperanza, please I need you to tell me who maria is,I know my husband has something to do with that woman at some point,whoever that lady is, I need to know please".

After some thinking,probably on her side.

" I will tell you dear because I see the desperation in your eyes"she said and turned around.

"Maria was the Oliver's ex girlfriend" she said beginning her tale.

As I thought.

"Oliver was the happiest person ever when he was with maria,he was cheerful, loving and kind. He was just.......a man any woman could ask for.
Everyone loved him,and maria she was a lovely,sweet girl.
They dated for two years,if I am correct.
But one day,they had an argument on something,that day happened to be his birthday the 22nd of June,they had an argument on something,I couldn't get why they were arguing but i knew it was just going to be one of their normal arguments. But I saw maria storm out of the house angrily. Oliver tried to stop her but she wouldn't take it,she got into a car and drove off. An hour later,someone called at the house to say that maria was dead"

I was shocked, I didn't expect her to die,I thought she just left without having second thoughts of coming back.

I felt tears drip from my eyes,at least the situation draws the attention of my eyes reminding them why they are there.

For once I let the tears fall,I didn't try to stop them or anything.

"It's been five years now and the boss doesn't want to recover from that shock" she said as she turned around and I saw her crying too.

I quickly pulled her into a hug as she cried and I fought hard to keep myself strong.

"Please,Claire dear,bring oliver back, we all miss the former Oliver,please Claire"

"I will"
As I separated from her and turned to go I said,

"Thank you"

"You are welcome"

I turned to go again and she asked,"where are you going dear"

"To try and get back the former Oliver"

I said and turned to go once again and I felt her smile boring into my back.

******************************

I walked into our room and didn't see oliver anywhere.

If I can't find him,then I can't blame myself.

His mansion was so big,all the best to big houses.

I could actually see a lot from the part outside our bedroom.

And just as that thought crossed my mind,I checked there and I saw him.
I hate to admit it be he looked so manly by the day.

His arms were crossed and his heavy chest heaved up and down drawing my attention.

"Well,how are you doing now?" I asked and I saw him shift his gaze to me and involuntarily my legs found their roots deep into the ground.

His cold blue eyes walked quickly over me, shivers ran through my body as I looked him right in the eyes for the first time

And in those depths,for the first time I saw an expression, that of surprise.

"Fine" he stated coldly and I flinched,it was like the intensity of his words coldness sliced directly through me.

"You mind if I join you?" I asked.

"No I don't" he stated without even glancing at me,but it was like I actually burned for his gaze,but I knew that was pathetic, so pathetic

I walked closer to where he stood until I was standing side by side with him.

There was a comfortable silence between us.

"It's beautiful" I said at least to prevent the silence from becoming awkward.

"What in particular?" Oliver asked freezing me,he just asked me a question.

"Everything,the whole view from up here" I said after I had found my voice.

"Sure it is" he said in his deep baritone voice which sent shiver down every single part of my body.

"Oliver"

"What's up?" he asked me.

"Tell me about yourself" I said and he shifted his gaze to me, burning me silently as he looked directly into my eyes.
I know I got the look I wanted from him,but I wished it was a little more romantic.

But I wasn't going to back down no matter what he does.

"Pardon?"

"I said I want to know about you, tell me about yourself "

"What do you wanna know?" He asked.

"Everything"

I noticed that he answered all my words with questions, but I didn't care.

With that he told me some things about himself and I did the same. We talked about a lot of things like high school,college,new York,etcetera.

I found out that he had 10 houses and 6 hotels,2 hospitals and 3 companies but they were under strict orders not reveal that he was the owner.
Damn!!! 10 freaking houses!!!!

Scratch that rule,if I were the owner I would were big labels for each building I own so that everyone will know that I own them.
I mentally laughed at the thought.

We had slept all day so we didn't feel sleepy at all,and in the course of that I felt emotions I didn't want.
And I knew that if this emotions were not kept in check, in no time I would be falling for Oliver king

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Don't forget to vote and comment. And also share this story to as many people as you can. Thanks

Love y'all.

Dabyxy.